The lodge is 9.5 miles up a windy mountain road from the main drag outside of Sandpoint. It was the off-season, so not much was open except for one restaurant, which was good for the price. The room was clean, spacious, well-appointed, and comfortable, with a lovely bed sporting a new Tempur-Pedic topper, which made for a great night's sleep. An early morning hike up the nature trail yielded spectacular views of Lake Pend Oreille and surrounding mountains in three directions, as well as wildlife along the way.
During summer, this is a good choice for peace and quiet, but not for one looking for any kind of nightlife or lots of activities. Also, pairs of rooms share a primary door, with each room having its own secondary door. This probably is a nice touch during ski season for families who book two rooms, but otherwise is a minor annoyance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort manages accommodations in the Selkirk Lodge, White Pine Lodge and various off site condominiums. All guest check-in and check-out is in the Selkirk Lodge lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Hotel Sandpoint
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Sandpoint, Idaho