“Very cool trip”

Lake Pend Oreille Cruises
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Sandpoint
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Pend Oreille Cruises offers a variety of public cruises and private charters on Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho's largest lake. Cruises run Spring, Summer, & Fall. History cruises, dinner cruises, eagle watching cruises, sunset cruises, weddings, family reunions, employee parties, and more are just some of the offerings. The spectacular scenery and variety of wildlife make this a "must do" attraction for visitors to North Idaho.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Lots of information. Interesting historical insights. Some good wildlife spotted. Easy location. Good views from the boat. Good value.

2  Thank Martin H
in 17 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We took the Clark Fork Delta tour on a chilly, rainy September day. Well worth the time, and the drive to East Hope. Getting there was half the fun, in fact. Scotchman Peak is nearby, and makes for a challenging hike. This is the prettiest lake I've been on. Blankets, food, hot drinks are all available. All three of the crew could not have been nicer. Great talk of the geological history of the area and the forming and later exploration of the lake by Linda. Our captain, Ron, was interesting to talk to in the wheel house. Don't expect to see megafauna here (mountain goats, moose are a rarity, and I don't think you'll see any of the big predators), but we saw deer, two pairs of mated bald eagles, osprey, kingfishers, loons, and several other more common water birds. By the end of the trip the sun was bursting from behind the clouds. All the weather we experienced on this three hour tour produced beautiful photographs.

1  Thank amberrlong
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We took the Clark Fork Delta Cruise in cooler than normal weather for September, but it was amazing in spite of the chill in the air. The crew handed out warm blankets and did everything they could to keep us warm, safe and well informed about the boat AND history related to the area. Food, snacks and beverages were available for purchase and were quite good. The views were spectacular. We saw eagles, osprey, deer, kingfishers, loons and Great Blue heron. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank cathygSpokane_Wa
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I so wanted to give this cruise 5 stars. Several days prior to cruise I communicated with Linda by email. Her responses were very prompt and when I decided to book she simply asked for my phone number and emailed me directions to East Hope, which is where the cruises begin in the fall and spring. When we arrived we asked a staff member if we could board early because in order to insure seating that was not directly in the sun. The first staff member we asked was very rude, so while I went in search of shade and a cooler temperature the rest of the group stood in line. Once aboard everything was great until Linda started her very interesting commentary about the islands and the history. It was really interesting. Unfortunately another passenger sitting below was talking so loud that we had a hard time hearing Linda. My husband finally said something to the guy, but I think the staff should have done it much earlier. The cruise was beautiful and Linda, Kimberly, and the Captain were great. Too bad the one passenger spoiled the cruise.

3  Thank Judy W