“Could NOT have been better” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 89 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SPOKANE
“Could NOT have been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a restaurant!!! The 14 ounce center cut rib eye was done to perfection, served with a perfect baked potato and FRESH cooked green beans. Portions were large (I took half home) AND we were served a very tasty AND complimentary appetizer.....baked spinich/artichoke/parmesan dip with garlic herb crostinis. We ended the evening with FRESH coffee and a piece of carrot cake the size of a small house. :) It was DELICIOUS! The wait staff was friendly and very gracious. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013

“Fabulous prime rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

They seemed unusually busy for a Tuesday night in September. We were seated in the bar and asked to be moved because of some boisterous and loud soccer fans watching a game. We were reseated and ordered the salad bar and prime rib royalty style where the put it in the grill at the end. The prime rib was rare and perfectly seasoned and tender. It was served with a huge baked potato and fresh green beans. Perfect! The salad bar was a little neglected. I don't think they expected to e that busy on a Tuesday. The soup was empty and wasn't replenished. They brought more salad mix when I asked. Nice selection on the salad bar including fresh pineapple.

Visited September 2013
“Argh! Don't go there!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Argh! Just finished dinner at the Hydra. The whole bad experience 3.5 hours from start to finish! Don't go there!!!!! (Unless you don't mind your kids sleeping in the booths while waiting for their food!). Waitress asked us 2.5 hours into our visit if we would like water (for the first time). She had no concept of how to take care of people or communicate with her customers. Don't go there!!!!'

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Creston, Canada
“Say "Uncle"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently we had an opportunity to eat at the Hydra, again. We actually hadn't been there in a LONG time. We got engaged in 1989 at the Hydra, right by the fireplace. We thought since we were going out to dinner we could show the kids where we it all started. I didn't hold out much hope as the menu didn't look allot different than in '89. On a whim we all ordered burgers, mine the "Say Uncle" burger. It's a mammoth hamburger with 1 LB of burger, thick cut bacon, mushrooms, onions, etc., etc., etc., all on a pretzel bun. When it came I was shocked, quite frankly. It stood about 9" high. All I can say is I finished it all. Perfectly executed, not one player over powering the other. The fries that came with it are out of this world as well. It will NOT be 24 years before I visit again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great prime rib!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend were in Standpoint for a Taylor Hicks concert and decided to try Hydra. It was the right decision! I ordered the prime rib and had them to sear it, which was the chefs favorite option on the menu. I always order mine well done, which can be hard to cook without burning it, but they cooked it perfectly! It wasn't burned at all, just delicious! If I ever get up to Standpoint again, I will be going back to Hydra!

• Visited August 2013