“I can't wait to go back”

Hydra Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very nice local restaurant, good food, good service, great price. The Hydra was suggested to us by a local Sandpoint resident and my wife and I were quite pleased. I look forward to going back on my next visit to Sandpoint.

There are newer reviews for Hydra Steakhouse & Lounge

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were staying in Sandpoint for one night and the Hydra was recommended to us by our hotel. We had eaten there a couple of times in the past but not recently. We had really enjoyed our experiences there. We were thrilled to find the same intimate, cozy dining establishment . Many interesting seating alcoves and great décor. We had Shauni as our server, she was wonderful. very attentive and pleasant, obviously enjoys her job and is very good at it. We had a delicious spinach dip appetizer, the best I've ever tasted. We both chose burgers and they were fabulous. Mine had bleu cheese made right next door, delicious.The meal was so large that we took half of our burgers with us to enjoy as a picnic in our travels the next day. The other meals being served looked amazing as well. The prices are good, service, great, food is fabulous and the surroundings comy. Wonderful.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Travelling through Sandpoint ID, we asked the desk clerk at our lodging establishment to suggest a place for supper. She named a place on the lake and the Hydra. As we were more interested in a good steak than anything else, we chose the Hydra. We were pleasantly surprised when being seated at the intimacy of the place. We ordered a seafood appetizer, my wife ordered prime rib and I ordered a NY strip. We were very elated at the selections at the salad bar, and contented ourselves with ample but not overly large portions. The appetizer was delicious. Fresh and tasty. The entrees were very good, but my wife's choice of potato was not sufficiently cooked. My baked potato was excellent. The summer medley of vegetables complemented the beef selections quite well. As it was a Wednesday night, we were struck by the number of local people dining there. All in all, we would highly recommend this establishment to through travelers.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We ate at the Hydra for a late lunch. This wasn't our first time here, but it had been a couple of years since we've been there (we live 1000+ miles away). I remembered it was good, but this meal was absolutely wonderful. I had the grilled Parmesan cod with roasted baby potatoes and green beans. Everything was so good! My husband had a prime rib sandwich which he raved about for days. The waitress was very good, friendly, and knowledgable.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I are locals and have lived in Sandpoint pretty much all our lives. We have been to the Hydra many times over the years and have enjoyed it. This last weekend we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary there. I ordered the blackened salmon Cesar salad and my husband got the salad bar. He made two trips to the salad bar and when he came back with his second helping he discovered he had made a mistake by putting on bacon bits which he did not care for. So when the waitress came to the table she removed his almost full plate of salad. I thought nothing of it until we paid our bill and walked out the door. To my udder disbelief a male employee followed us out the door and started yelling at us right on the street!! He shouted "Next time you come back here don't be wasting my salad bar!! I was so shocked all I could do was say "Are you kidding?" To this he nastily replied "no!" I walked back to the car in shock. My anniversary dinner had been ruined. I would think it would be up to the customer to leave whatever they find distasteful on their plate. Apparently not. Thanks for a ruined evening at the Hydra. We are never going back.