“This place rocks!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Common Knowledge Bookstore and Tea House
Reviewed 19 May 2011

The food here is excellent, organic and healthy. The coffee compares with the best and they have juices (greenstar made no less) and smoothies too. I love the garden seating in back and the ambiance is super cozy.

Reviewed 8 July 2009

This is an off the main downtown strip, a wee hard to find tucked off in the neighborhoods, but I had the best cup of coffee since I left Seattle, and I am a coffee snob. Forget about Starbucks! This place rocks the coffees and as a vegetarian, I had an entire menu with nothing but options...and its all organic too! I love the seedy taco and the rice bowls are excellent. There's a great bookstore to browse and the whole atmosphere reminded me of my home in Portland Or-very Powel-esque-Definitely check out Common Knowledge, there was also a lot of really cool locals in eating and drinking their americanos who were a great source of info about the area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Rice bowls rule this is a vegetarian / vegan haven!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 11 October 2007

I spent every morning and sometimes the afternoon here while in Sandpoint. Besides an eclectic book selection of popular and off the center titles, the teahouse selection is hard to beat. Don't let the seemingly small menu fool you. There isn't a need for a overly large menu here. You should go in and try something new each time. Start off with the Full Morning Monte to fuel you the right way for the day. There is nothing on the menu that doesn't please the palette. The ingredients are fresh and organic. While you wait for your food order, try a drink. I have to say they made the best cup of chai latte I've ever had and my friend could have lived there once tasting the coffee. Starbucks has nothing on these baristas. Seriously. This was a great way to start off the day. There was good music and the best company among the customers and the staff. I met artisans, professionals, and friendly locals. Check out the mural on the side of the building. You may find the artist inside as well. Browse the books, have a drink, sit back in the comfortable lounge chairs made by a local artist who may also be around the teahouse and check out the work of local artists deplayed on the walls. and forget about Starbucks while you are in Sandpoint.

2  Thank superuber