“Not as bad as everyone said...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sandpoint
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The layout is a bit different because it is a enclosed older motel but it kinda gave it personality. The breeze ways were open and it never got too warm. The room its self was a bit dark but it was clean. It looked like they recently updated the bathroom and sink area. Yes, I would have liked a small refrigerator or microwave there however it wasn't a deal breaker. We actually got a fantastic rate going directly thru there website. Even the front desk was surprised! The town in general is very charming but they roll up the sidewalks by 9. The attached restaurant was ok but the food needed seasoning and my steak was raw. I DO NOT send food back, its a phobia of mine.... Overall, Good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2014

And this seemed like the best of the lot, based on the Tripadvisor reviews of this and other Sandpoint accommodations.

I stayed in the Jacuzzi suite, which I understood to be the nicest room available (judging from the price, anyway). The room was clean and large. However, there was a mysterious, loud, mechanical noise emanating from below the room which made me wonder if it was above the laundry facilities. I'm a sound sleeper and it kept me awake. The room (and I believe the entire motel) is near an active train track. The decor was in need of updating (i.e., striped wallpaper from the 90s and a "crystal" chandelier above the jacuzzi tub), holes in the wall above the tub where there had obviously been something hung and removed. Despite the notecard next to the bed touting the high quality bedding and extra pillows, there were only 4 smallish, synthetic pillows on the king-size bed. The fact that the duvet did not have a cover on it but rather was covered by a coverlet that did not appear to be washed after each guest made me a bit nervous. This room could also use better lighting - the suitcase alcove was dark, which made it hard to find things.
The room service was fast and very pleasant, and the meal I had (steak) was pretty good, a bit better than what I expected after observing the diner-style restaurant attached to the hotel.
We had reserved the conference room at the hotel for the next day. I arrived that morning wondering if the room had been prepared, as the tablecloths were wrinkled and there was no coffee or water or any sign at all that the room was ready for anyone other than the door being open. I had to go downstairs to the lobby to inquire, as there was not even a telephone in the room. The front desk staff was very pleasant and quickly brought some water and glasses, however. Fortunately, the court reporter had brought a speakerphone with her, so we used that.
There was no complimentary breakfast, not even a danish, and unfortunately, I did not have time to eat in the adjoining restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask to be situated as far from the train tracks as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Dirty room. Dark. Old carpet. Dingy patched couch. Patched wall. The exterior was added on to make it look like your room wasn't enter from outside. Desk help said we could get food downtown. Everything was closed. Saturday night at 11:00 pm!!! Drove from Calgary and needed a place to rest. Will never come back here. No fridge. No microwave. Limited TV. All around horrid experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kimberlees6
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Drove from Seattle, WA heading to Glacier National Park. Sandpoint was a good stopping place for the night. When we made the reservations, we requested a 1st floor room. When we saw it, we were upset. It is not the quality we are used to having with Choice Hotels. The hotel layout is unique to say the least. We had to go down a long hall to reach the room. It was tight. There was no refrigerator. The air conditioning unit was located in the upper part of the wall behind one of the beds. The next morning, we had to go to a restaurant for breakfast as this Quality Inn does not furnish breakfast. All in all, we were disappointed and would not stay again.

Room Tip: You might get a better room on the second floor. There is no elevator. Breakfast is not included. Th...
1  Thank Janice A
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is about 3 blocks from the main business in town perhaps a mile to the public park which is beautiful and huge set right on the Lake. The hotel property is a bit run down . The rooms are average , clean, the staff very kind and friendly. There is no breakfast served of any kind. No micro or frig. There is a dinner and bar attached and not even a discount. The food was average . We perfected to go into the town and eat. The prices in this town are reasonable for food and drink, the hotels are very spendy for nothing out of the norm. A very touristy place. Will only return to visit family:-(

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

What an interesting place. Formerly a La Quinte property that has been made into the choice hotel line.....friendly folks at the check in but lacking in essential information (WIFI log in information).....the inside area is SOOOOOOOO HOT from the individual room air conditioners.......scorching.....you feel like a bee in the hive when you enter your room.....the adjoining restaurant had very friendly staff with so so food.....probably will not be coming back to this place again.......

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We arrived in Sandpoint after crossing back into the US from Canada and it was time to find a motel. Many of the motels were booked so we decided on this one. I agree the outside facade is dated; however the rooms were clean and ours could be cooled down to a comfortable temperature. I did not have my AAA book for Idaho so we could not see the various amenities. It turns out this property does NOT have a microwave and mini-fridge which I have come to expect as standard in any motel in this price category. It seems they want you to order from the restaurant next door. (Must be owned by the same people). No breakfast or even a muffin in the morning. Now I like a cup of tea when we settle in and I do not want to have to go to a restaurant for it. Ditto for waking up in the morning. Hot water boiled (?) in the coffee maker taste like coffee. When I mentioned this to the person that checked us out she acted like she could care less.

Room Tip: Carry a AAA book!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandpoint
Days Inn Sandpoint
Clark Fork Lodge
Clark Fork Lodge
#1 of 1 in Clark Fork
FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!