“No thanks”

FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sandpoint
Reviewed 19 May 2014

At first, I thought our stay at this lodge would be a good one. We were very grateful to get a room over lost in the 50's weekend when most places in the area were booked. The first thing that threw me off was the parking lot. Almost all of the parking spaces were impossible to get out of if there was anyone parked near you. My husband and I wanted to go get dinner only to find that we couldn't get our vehicle out of its spot without damaging another vehicle. So we were stuck in our room until someone moved. I imagine if you have a small car this would be okay to maneuver through (IF you park in the back and everyone around you parked properly.) But, for an SUV or large truck, its a parking nightmare. The second thing that threw me off was the mosquitoes, our room was full of them. The room was very small, which was okay since it was so cheap and it had nice wood furniture and seemed cozy. I soon realized you could not walk barefoot, it was as if they didn't vacuum at all before we got there. I wouldn't have been surprised if I found out they hadn't cleaned at all. The bathroom and room had zero ventilation. I took a shower, closed the bathroom door with the fan on and two hours later the bathroom was still steamy as if someone had JUST showered. We had to leave the door open, which made the room miserable and smell like stale water and since we couldn't open the window because of the mosquitoes we just had to suffer. That night we had to listen to the neighbors dog barking literally non-stop which I understand was not the lodge's fault, but it was still incredibly irritating. The next morning we were woken up by cleaning staff slamming doors and talking in the hallways. We needed to do some laundry and, of course, they do not provide laundry machines for guests. The room we were given would be adequate for one person staying one night, if you plan on staying any longer than that I recommend spending the extra $30 and staying at another hotel. I wish we had.

Room Tip: Park directly in front of check-in area, anywhere else you will be easily stuck if there are many ot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie G
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Lost in the 50s Car Show is such a wonderful event to attend when visiting Sandpoint. I am sorry to hear your staff wasn't the best. Anytime you have an issue such as a dog barking, please give us a quick call at the front desk and we will take care of it. We will also check your bathroom fan for ventilation. The parking lot situation is highly aggravating. We do note vehicle makes and models upon check-in so that if there is a situation, we can call the appropriate owners. Thank you again for trying us out.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I don't understand a few not so good reviews of this lodge. For the price we paid, the accommodation is more than enough for what we get in exchange.
My family and I only found one strange item in the room - the creaking bathtub. But it's OK since we never take bath in a public-used bathtub. Otherwise, the room incl the bathroom is quite clean. The rustic western furniture are so awesome - reminds us of being in West USA.
The heating system did not give us enough warmth but since it's not that very cold, getting under the comforter kept us warm.
The continental breakfast is more than adequate for our needs. What would anyone expect from a local lodge? A five-star breakfast!!!
Expect pictures I took of the room. Will download soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor. We had a corner room and is more than enough space for the 3 of u...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank npres
Reviewed 8 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed there one night. The room was old but acceptable, we had a flat screen tv. The noise was not too bad. The only drawback is the dated rest rooms' tub plug did not work so we used the shower. We probably would not stay there again except in a pinch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We are sorry to hear the your stay was not enjoyable. We strive to give exceptional customer service so please let us know of any concerns that you may have during your stay so that we may fix any and all problems in a timely manner.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The room was small, but adequate for a night's stay. I absolutely loved the rustic wooden furniture in the room, crafted locally. My feeling was that if a hotel was willing to invest in such lovely and charming furniture for their guests instead of the usual commercial junk furniture, their "heart" must be in the right place and I appreciated it. The beds are comfortable. I had a little bit of a challenge getting the temperature in the room just right for sleeping.

The hotel is conveniently located and the staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast served was better than average. I particularly appreciated the hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit, nice touch.

I've stayed at the GuestHouse Lodge three times now. My one complaint is that the style of bed making they apparently prefer to use (for looks???) has the comforter reaching only to about mid-chest, which means that every time I have stayed I have had to dismantle the bed making to pull the comforter up and then re-make it. I've found this annoying and have communicated it to them via the feedback form.

I will stay at GuestHouse again and I am hoping that on future visits I won't continue to have to tear apart and remake the bed each time I do.

Room Tip: If you prefer bed covering (e.g., the comforter) to reach to your shoulders, ask them to send housek...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DrJ00001
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for one night in March 2014. Didn't have a reservation, so walked in and were met by a wonderful person at the front desk. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. The room even had a window that opened for fresh air! Staff suggested a restaurant, and it was very good. Unfortunately, they couldn't provide me with a lift ticket for Schweitzer, but they directed me where to purchase one. This is apparently a small chain in the Northwest that I've never heard of. I'll stay here again!

Room Tip: First floor was good. Easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jody A
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Staff was wonderful. Room was beautiful as well as very clean. Staff Pointed us in direction for fun and great food. Definitley will stay here again. We feel comfortable and at home. So close to everything and easy access.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meribeth-losteter
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Anytime we can help we are here. 110% everyday, everyway. Thanks again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandpoint
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North
Clark Fork Lodge
Clark Fork Lodge
#1 of 1 in Clark Fork

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint? Share your experiences!