“Thanks to Trip Advisor, we knew exactly what to expect”

FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sandpoint
Reviewed 12 August 2014

At the last minute, we got free tickets to the Sandpoint Music Festival and decided to book a room for the night. Our favorite standby, the Meandering Moose was no longer in business, so I went to Trip Advisor for help. I knew many hotels would already be booked, summer in Sandpoint, ID. I found a couple rooms available but both were over $230 for one night. So, in spite of the bad reviews for this place, I called them. On a positive note, the staff was very helpful and friendly, from the booking, to the checking in, everyone was very professional. Even the housekeeping staff was polite and cheery. On the other hand, we encountered many of the problems noted by other guests. First of all, the place has a stale odor to it from the minute you walk in. I noted on their survey which was placed in our room that they really should have the carpets all steam cleaned. Second was the squeaky bath tub. When my husband got in the tub, I actually started giggling because I knew what to expect, thanks Trip Advisor! The room was tiny, and there was no screen in the window, but the air conditioner was running when we checked in and the room was nice and cool. It ran quietly (and wonderfully cold) all night. We slept soundly, not hearing another noise until after 7am. Breakfast was a joke, but the coffee was good, my husband went back down for seconds. I prefer tea however, and there was none available in the room. They also had no conditioner just conditioning shampoo. The biggest problem was actually that they only provided 3 small pillows for a queen size bed. But then, I did not call down and request another one either. I should have. If you can get a room somewhere else, do. As for value, at $146 for one night, not worth it really.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for trying us out. Our prices are a little high due to summer and the Music Festival. We are still priced within the economy chains. Yes, some of the tubs squeak when you step in them but the tubs are nice and clean. I'm glad you room was clean and our staff was friendly. The breakfast does feature hot waffles, muffins, toast, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This motel was easy to find, as it was right along the highway. Yet, it was very quiet. We paid just over $100. The rooms were newer and very rustic with the pine post beds and forest animal bedding - nice touch! There was even a decorative flower attached to our shower curtains - another nice touch! The tub was the creakiest sounding tub I have ever stepped into to have a shower. The room was a good size. The staff were friendly. We would especially like to thank Sara, who went out of her way to make our stay a great one! The breakfast was very continental - not much there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are decorated with the log pine theme to help you get in the mood and experience of the Northwest. Safe travels.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The website for this hotel states there is a complimentary shuttle to downtown. We booked a room specifically so we could use shuttle as we had a long trip and wanted to check out local breweries. Upon arrival, front desk said they did not have a shuttle and asked where I saw that info. They then looked at their home page and saw that indeed, I was not crazy. They said we could call a cab or catch the city bus. I no longer wanted to stay and asked for a refund, which they would not offer since I booked through hotels.com. I asked for an upgrade to a king room, to which I was told the manager would be back tomorrow and talk to them then. No Thanks! I explained this to hotels.com and they immediately offered refund.

2  Thank WeekendWarrior2014

Oh dear. We are happy to upgrade our hotel guests when it is available. the shuttle service that is offered is through the city which stops in our parking lot every hour and shuttles our guests and other hotel guests to downtown. I am sorry that our staff didn't know how to direct you. by the way, our GMs are on call 24 hours a day, therefore I apologize that she was not available to assist you in your frustration.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Price very reasonable for the area. Nothing fancy. We had queen room - it was small, but functional and quiet. Breakfast adequate. They say Subway "adjacent" . . . need to drive to it. Burger King within walking distance. NO elevator and ice is on 2nd floor. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Nice laundry area. Hot tub, no exercise facility. Luggage cart could be improved! Internet was fine our first night - really, REALLY bad the second night. Ok, now for the specifics:

Hotel Evaluation Criteria

Lobby staff - very helpful and friendly
Carts available - more of a trolley - need improvement here for us old farts
Elevator to upper levels - NO, we were originally booked on an upper floor and they moved us to 1st - NOT convenient
Road noise - not noticeable

Room General
-Easily Accessible plug by bed (CPAP user) - NO, fortunately I carry an extension cord and had to string it across the floor for my husband's CPAP
-Bedside tables on both sides of bed - NO, only one
-Plug by desk (computer) -a strip was there, but when you plugged the coffee pot in, it hung about a foot from the floor . . also where I had to plug in the extension cord for the CPAP
-Bed Comfort - good
-Chairs/Couch - was a desk chair and additional chair - but room small, if someone sitting at desk there was no room to walk by
-AC cycling noise, constant fan setting, temperature control - ok

TV

Coffee Maker- yes, ok

Internet
-Speed - ok when working - but couldn't use for 1 of 2 days
-Ease of connection - ok
-Requires log on acceptance - yes

Bathroom
-counter space - small
-tub - ok, didn't drain
-shower (shelves, water pressure) - ok
-shelves for shampoo etc. - ok
-hand rails in tub shower area for stability - no
-overall size - med, but usable
-outside sink available - no

-delivery available - didn't check

Fitness Center - no
Pool - no
Hot tub - yes

Room Tip: Pet friendly, if you have luggage or need assistance - NO elevator - get a first floor room.
1  Thank Gwen G

I am impressed with your format of review and very details. A+ , you must be analytic. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this hotel on the internet and drove 346 miles from Calgary in order to take a look at Sandpoint over the weekend. We were allocated smoking rooms yet none of us smoke (no choice here), otherwise we found the hotel unpretentious, plain and simple.

# Good points: free wifi; reasonably comfortable bed; plenty of parking; hot tub available.
# Bad points: Breakfast area is smaller than my kitchen; Reception staff could be more welcoming and the room could be cleaned to a higher standard (wine bottle cork found on the floor, also a plastic bag with tickets in it & dust in places).

Would we stay here again? Probably not - there is a wide choice along the same road.

3  Thank Seenoff

Oh dear - we are 100% smoke free hotel, I hope you weren't given a smoke filled hotel room. thanks for letting us know about housekeeping, this can be fixed over night.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Four adults and two children stayed here for four nights. Though it's not 'the Ritz' it was perfect for our purposes. The two queen beds were comfortable. The pull-out bed was 'okay' for the kids...pretty saggy. We drove to Silverwood (about 26 miles away) to enjoy the theme park one day and the water park one day. We also took advantage of the activities available on Schweitzer mountain (12 miles away). The breakfasts included cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and good coffee...with my favorite creamer. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet K

Thanks for the review. Silverwood is so much fun to visit and I do highly recommend it for all ages.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to the area & we have stayed in this hotel each time. Every room we have stayed in has been nice. The beds are comfortable too. Great price friendly staff & motorcycle friendly which is a plus for us. I would definitely use them again on my next visit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Goffsheli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandpoint
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North
Clark Fork Lodge
Clark Fork Lodge
#1 of 1 in Clark Fork

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint? Share your experiences!