“Beware of the restaurant!”

Enders Hotel & Museum
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soda Springs
Enders Hotel & Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Soda Springs
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The Enders Hotel is a unique place, as others have said. Lots of "period" furnishings. Handicapped accessible room on the first floor was quite spacious and very clean. Loud, long trains pass by pretty frequently, but this didn't really bother me. From an historical standpoint -- kind of interesting - for a minute or two! It's really fairly creepy. No one is ever at the front desk, there was NO "customer service" information provided - like where is the ice machine, what to do in case of any emergency, internet (I did use a wireless network while there, but I have no idea if it was provided by the hotel or not!) There are never many guests -- in fact I think I was only one of two!

The biggest concern was with the Geyser View restaurant. I believe that I was served food that had been previously served to someone else! It was disgusting! I ordered "chicken fried chicken" and it came with about 3/4 of the "breading" missing. A piece (bite-size!) had been cut out and replaced and the breast had another slice in it. The baked potato was a brick! I felt sort of sorry for the young waitress as she was clearly just not trained at all. NO WAY that plate should have left the kitchen! I settled for the salad bar - which I had to visit using a 4 inch bread plate!

Stop by for a little visit to see the lobby, stuffed animals and old furniture -- skip it for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Gracemom20

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The Enders Hotel did a wonderful job of organizing seating for our large family group (over 20) for lunch. We had a long table in the back room and were able to see the geyser as we were eating. Service was cheerful and efficient, and everyone was happy with their meals. Later, we visited the museum and were also given good service in the gift shop. Great to see a nice restoration of a historic building.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I had happened on the Enders Hotel and Museum, out of luck on a previous trip. We live in Colorado, but were traveling to visit our daughter and son-in-law in Rexburg Idaho. We like to travel through old country towns and see the history of the area.

Well Enders is the place for this. The Museum is interesting and they left a few rooms in the original size. Some present day Americans will complain about small rooms and space, but our modernized room was at least twice the size of the original rooms. Yes is was still "small" but the decor is beautiful and expensive looking.

I thought the hotel was very nice. I missed not having an elevator, because I'm a fat modern American. Having a cafe associated with the hotel was nice and I thought the food was reasonably priced and good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Rod B
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have mixed reviews on this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the shampoo, etc. were above average for hotels. The rooms were small and cramped due to too much furniture. Although the added pieces, which appeared to be antiques, added to the "old timey" theme they were impracticle and the extra space would have been more appreciated. It is next to a railroad crossing and a train sounds about every two hours throughout the night.My husband and our two children had to rent two rooms since they do not have rooms with two beds. My daughter and I shared one and my husband and son shared another. My husband went to sleep so my son stayed in my room until a movie we were watching was over at midnight. When he went to return to his room we could not get the key to work. I sent him to the front desk to ask for help. He returned with another key which worked. He then told me that no one was at the front desk. She was gone for the night. But all the room keys are right there at the front desk with big room numbers on them. Pretty scary to think that in the middle of the night any other guest, or someone from the restraunt could obtain your room key easily and give you a surprise visit in the middle of the night. During the day the desk help waitresses in the adjoining restraunt. I was waiting a long time for a receipt while she waitressed (not her fault that they are understaffed) so I went around the desk and copied it myself. Anyone had plenty of time to take as many room keys as I would have liked and returned that night. Still note that the rooms were clean, a big plus, but not getting murdered in your sleep, well, that kindof trumps the good housekeeping.We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning to speak of at this hotel so in the summer it is baking hot. However a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Annedmi
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The old Enders Hotel was carefully restored a few years ago and has tons of character. The museum in a part of the ground floor adds to the feel of yesteryear. The restaurant is unremarkable--and service is slow--but from the rear seats in the dining room you can watch the hourly eruptions of the town's geyser. Soda Springs is a clean, pleasant little town, but dining options are limited.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We almost drove by because it is between some seedy looking bars, however the restaurant looked clean with a view of the hourly geyser.

Despite being somewhat in the middle of no-where the food was fresh and very good. Marble rye Rubens, well toasted and flavor-full. Hand pulled turkey and chicken sandwiches. I was tempted to try breakfast but settled for the mini scones.

Recent restoration to this hotel/museum made me wish I had spent the night. It was fun just to walk around this 100 year old building and think about how it must have been.

I would have given it five stars but the service was slow. I never received a refill on my ordered drink or my water and only got the bill because I got up and my party was leaving.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Owen S
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This refurbished hotel and museum is a gem. The rooms are beautifully appointed, upstairs. A self-guided museum covering the history of the area is also upstairs and there is a collection of this and that on the main floor. The restaurant is the best in town, although the service is sometimes slow. The food is worth the wait, especially the homemade biscuits! We liked the pot roast too!
The Soda Springs geyser is right out the back door. It goes off every hour on the hour, a beautiful thing to see. It has an interesting history, don't miss that story. The train runs right beside the hotel and blows its horn many, many times during the night. Might be a problem if you are a light sleeper but otherwise, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and beautifully appointed. There are a few rooms downstairs if you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
Lions Gate Manor
Lions Gate Manor
#2 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Enders Hotel & Museum? Share your experiences!