“Cute town, friendly people, beautiful scenery.”
Review of Caribou Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Caribou Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Soda Springs
Spring Creek, Nevada
“Cute town, friendly people, beautiful scenery.”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

When I first entered my room I immediately thought I was in a cabin in the woods somewhere. It was a smaller room, but worked its purpose for the weekend. The room we had with 2 beds, had no outlet in the bathroom. I had to dry my hair next to the bed. Bringing a small extension cord might be best so you can see the mirror on the wall! There is a screen door which is a nice touch considering that not very many motels have screen doors. This helped as there was no AC, so we had to open the bathroom as well as the door and let the breeze blow through. The walls are quite thin as I could hear the people next to me snore! All in all I will definitely be staying at this motel next year when we visit. There is also room in the parking lot for parking with trailers.

The town is small, and the bars have last call at 1. I am from Nevada so I am used to 24 hour bars! Word of advice we got from all the locals is not to drive after 1 a.m. because the cops come out of the wood-works at that time. Cute town, friendly people, beautiful scenery.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ksan17

Families
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2005

This motel is very old, not well-maintained, the walls are paper-thin. There was a much nicer motel across the street. Although the couple running it were very nice and most accomodating, I would not stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Soda Springs hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2005

If you are going to Soda Springs, or going to the Tetons or Yellowstone via Soda Springs you might want to stop at the Caribou Lodge for an overnight. Our family of 3 did so going and coming from Yellowstone and found the place very friendly and well maintained although the rooms are small. You couldn't fit two kids and parents in our room but everything in it was well kept and the rate is lovely. The lobby has a big 1940s fireplace and 50's chairs, real old time lodgy. The proprietors will help with travel advice etc., they've been there a long time. Great breakfast, by the way, just around the corner at Stockman's Grill. Next door to it is the best Western museum I've seen (in the old hotel).

3 Thank erminiver
#4 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs
Lava Hot Springs KOA
Lava Hot Springs KOA
#1 of 9 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Caribou Lodge? Share your experiences!