“Quiet Place, Amazing Views”

Mountain Village Resort
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The kitchenette room was enough for light cooking if you were to stay there for an extended period of time. The bed was comfy but there were cobwebs and spiders all over the place. Noise from the road wasn't bad at all but if you want a quiet room, ask for something on the top level facing the back, towards the river. You also HAVE to give the hot springs a try. It's free as long as you're staying at the resort. Just reserve a spot at the front desk and walk down to the cabin...totally worth it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Mountain Village Resort

Reviewed 14 June 2014

So this was the first time We went to Stanley we loved it we stayed in a suite it worked out fabulously for our family of 5. It had 2 seperate rooms with queen sized beds and 2 pull out cots about full size they kids loved those. They camped out in the living room. There was. A mini fridge. Coffer pot. A microwave. A toaster and dishes and dish soap. The bathroom. Was separated from the sink area incase you now you have to wash up while someone else is going. Super clean the nicest staff. And we were up stairs. So the view was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Possibly the worst hotel experience we've ever had, and we were not expecting the Ritz.

As others have mentioned, the walls and floors are barely there. Throughout the night we were constantly awoken by the farting, snoring, talking, and moving of other people in the hotel. I kept thinking the guy upstairs was going to fall through the floor.

The beds are awful, akin to spring loaded plywood. The heater works to drown out noise as it's rather loud itself, I had to get out of bed several times and tap the side of it when the fan went off balance and started clanking.

Don't eat at the restaurant, the food is terrible. The roast beef sandwich I was served was basically beef jerky (it was that firm and salty) over toast, drowned in instant mashed potatoes and canned gravy. The best thing we could say about the salad my wife got with "salmon" was that some of the lettuce was green.

Leaving here unrested, hungry, and disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank GreenStateVT
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Clean, reasonable, a good place to clean up after a hike and sleep in a bed, or to get staged for an outdoor raft or hiking trip beforehand. Helpful people in office, centrally located in Stanley at the junction of highways.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dickanddoug
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was a larger place, a little more expensive because of location. Still, a pretty decent value and a very large room. A little surprised no mini-fridge, so we had to get ice. The associated restaurant had a limited menu, so we drove a short distance to another place for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

this is a quaint and beautiful area!! the mountain village resort was probably as nice as any other hotels in the area. nothing 5 star. most things seemed at most 3.5 star. you are not really there to stay in your room in this type of natural beauty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First: STAY ON THE TOP FLOOR! Okay, now that I have that out of the way. Stanley was full and I got a room here before it filled up...and it did. The price is okay (AAA discount didn't hurt either) for the room size and they are very clean. To cover a prior reviewer, no I didn't expect the Ritz but I will point out the flaws. Thin walls and the most noise I have EVER heard in my life from an upstairs room. I seriously kept waiting for something to fall off or even through the ceiling. I got about 3 hours of good sleep when I could have had 8 hours. The TV looked like it was picked up at a garage sale. The good, the staff in the evening and in the morning were very nice and helpful. If I stayed on the top floor and the end of a wing I would have had a better stay.

Room Tip: Top floor room only!! If you can get one at the end of a wing, go for it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnJohn101

Been to Mountain Village Resort? Share your experiences!