All reviews deluxe room round table flower beds large vanity great holiday water temperature outdoor pool great hiking skating rink luxury hotel symphony concert hot tub we loved our stay beautiful property free shuttle white marble flat screen tv
Reviewed 18 December 2017

The Sun Valley Inn is a beautiful hotel on the exterior and even common hallways to an extent but the rooms however, are lackluster and I won't be staying ever again. I do like the restaurants and shops that surround it however it is entirely different from the Main Sun Valley Lodge. By mistake I got 2 separate rooms while I was there with family and upon confirming the reservation noticed one was at the Inn and the other at the Lodge (there is a huge difference). I thought fantastic, its time to compare the two and see how they stack up and actually they are quite different as it turns out. As a side note Sun Valley Lodge is a beautiful property but this review is on the Sun Valley Inn and are a few hundred feet apart and not the same. I will write another review on the Sun Valley Lodge which is leaps and bounds better than the Inn. The Sun Valley Inn is in an odd location and if you want to use the pool its small and there is no hot tub and plenty of kids and yet not the same at the lodge. The rooms are pink, green, brass, and worn wood furniture that appears to have been placed there in the 80's and even has the varnish cracking off to prove age and not a just a quality issue. The HVAC was intermittent and had cold/hot spots in the room. The room lights flickered on and off like a horror house, and the bed was springy and upon compared to the Lodge absolutely different. The maze that it takes to get to your room is un nerving and colors a crazy assortment of pastels. That said literally every gripe I have of the Inn is the opposite of the Lodge, I don't want to just complain about the room but rather personally never book at the Inn again and ensure the reservation is made for the Lodge alone and never again at the Inn. My brother stayed in this room at the Inn for 2 nights @ $450 a night and is not worth the money but personally was worth the recanted experience from his nights sleep and my opportunity to see it first hand and thank god I got a room at the lodge. Apparently it was just updated but that appears to have stopped with the outside and the rooms in which you actually sleep were overlooked. The rooms were clean and I can understand the staff tries their best to keep up with what is there. It could be a lot better, it isn't.

Room Tip: Go to the Sun Valley Lodge to book, do not book at Sun Valley Inn, Very Different Properties not even close to the same.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Heath93274
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a special place for our family, a yearly tradition in July. This year did not fail to please us. Our room at the Inn was lovely. The grounds, the pools, the food, the pond, the paths, the shopping, the music next door at the stunning pavilion, the air, the sunset, the ambiance. So wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ryder03
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We had a lovely two night stay at the Sun Valley Inn. We booked last minute so I couldn't be picky about the fact that we were at the Inn and not the Lodge. As it turned out we were happy with the accommodations and everything was within walking distance. We were lucky to arrive on the night of a free symphony concert and enjoyed that we could walk to the pavilion and got seats in the back. The property is gorgeous with so much care taken with the flower beds. There are a lot of amenities that we just didn't have time to enjoy. There is great hiking across the street with amazing views of the valley. The staff was friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed talking to Summer at the bakery. Our bags were brought to our room for us and the bellhop was friendly. The only minor complaints I have were with the room. The bed was okay, but not the best for a luxury hotel. The biggest problem was the shower. The water temperature was difficult to control and we had to put the hot on all the way with just a little cold. A child would have a problem with this and could get scalded. The bathroom was very small but there was a large counter and sink outside the bathroom which made up for it. There was a large closet too which was helpful for storing suitcases. Overall we loved our stay and would come back if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The resort includes rooms in the main Lodge, the Inn and apartment style rooms in various sections. All accommodations are reasonable walks from the main Lodge or Inn. I did not use the amenities, which are numerous but I heard good things from those who did. I really enjoyed one the guided trail ride from the stables on property, but that was several years ago so I cant say what its like at this point. Everything else seemed as nice or better than when I was last there. My room was spacious with vintage yet comfortable furniture. The bed was very comfortable. Good lighting in room. The variety of restaurants either in the Inn, over at the Lodge, or in between fit different moods that you might be in, and also if you want fine or light dining. The bar at the Lodge, across the meadow seemed more lively and was open a lot (the Inn had a bar but it never seemed open). The artwork in both the Lodge and Inn are impressive and you can also spend a lot of time looking at the framed photos of past celebs who have stayed at the resort. The staff are fantastic and attentive. Downtown Ketchum is a few minutes drive, and the Sun Valley airport is 20 mins. The resort has a spacious shuttle that can take you to either location. You can walk downtown and take in the bars, restaurants, art galleries and shops. I was there this time for a conference and enjoyed myself. I would like to return with my family. Memorable visit that you will not regret.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I've stayed at Sun Valley Inn before but I don't remember it every being so very comfortable. The rooms have been upgraded but not the major remodel that the Sun Valley Lodge recently experienced. (I understand that is coming soon!) I was in 362 which had two queen beds and a spacious bathroom with anteroom. TV picture was crystal clear. Room view from two windows was very nice. Chocolates on the bed every evening with turndown service much appreciated. Shower had plenty of water flow but a little touchy getting the cold water side adjusted. Toiletries are excellent quality. I'll stay there again!

Room Tip: All rooms quiet and comfortable. There is a resort fee but it is definitely a resort.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business