“Great Hosts, Great Location.”

Moore Park Beach Motel
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Hosts, Great Location.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked into Moore Park Beach Motel for four nights to have a look around the Bundaberg area. We enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed an extra night. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts Jan and Charlie, who provided great information and advice on the local area. The motel location is excellent with the beach one block away, the lagoon a similar distance and a bowling club across the road providing good cheap meals and a friendly atmosphere. We will certainly be returning in the future to Moore Park Beach Motel for another relaxing break from the "real" world.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nevandhelen
mpbmotel, Owner at Moore Park Beach Motel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for your great feedback, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay - we loved having you for that extra night. It makes it easy when we're situated so close to all the great features of Moore Park Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We are return visitors to Moore Park Beach, having stayed at the motel and the caravan park previously.
Both offered genuine friendly country hospitality, and spotless facilities.
To return to the Motel is just like coming home, so very comfortable and welcoming. The rooms are nicely refurbished, the beds are super comfy and all the linen is spotless.
Fresh flowers in the room were also a lovely touch, thanks so much.
Again a delicious breakfast was delivered promptly, and we sat outside enjoying the tranquility of the surroundings whilst enjoying our Brekky.
The grounds are nicely maintained, and a lovely pool is there for all to enjoy.
Loved the big fridge, and the lovely modern flat screen TV.
The only "down" side and it was a minor issue was the step up to the shower recess. Not much good for a person with mobility problems.
Thanks again for a wonderful relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
mpbmotel, Owner at Moore Park Beach Motel, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thanks for your kind words. We love to be known as a "home away from home". It's always great to see you each time you arrive. We have talked about the height of the shower, realising that it may be a hindrance for some people, but really haven't come up with a solution yet. But be assured that we are working on it. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We needed accommodation in the Moore Park Beach area to visit friends nearby, we made the right decision to stay at this motel as it was great location to the beautiful quite beach, a two minute walk, also opposite the bowling club which had good meals around the $10 to $15 range, the rooms were very clean with lovely crisp white sheets and bed covers, and a full size fridge, to keep water, drinks etc all cold, the little bar fridges never seem to do the job. We did not have the lengthy drive from Bundaberg accommodation as we wanted to be close to our friends. We had outdoor tables and chairs undercover outside our door to relax or eat from, and the car parked right there too. The swimming pool was very clean and refreshing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks so much for your positive comments after your recent stay. I'm gald you liked the fridge as we have only recently upgraded from bar fridges in all our rooms. The bowl club has a new chef, and I am sure the meals over there should still keep you happy. See you next time you're travelling up this way.
Caboolture, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was looking for a motel in the Bundaberg region, and Moore Park Beach Motel had an online web site with all the information I needed. Excellent.

Calling up on the phone prior I was greeted with the owner who was very helpful and friendly. Whenever I called, they would always answer. Excellent.

Upon arriving at 7:30PM I was greeted promptly, arranged for payment in advance due to my preference and collected my key. I had my own parking space backing right onto my room. Excellent.

I stayed in room 5, which was very tidy with 1 queen, and a bunk bed, and a conveniently positioned TV. Clearly this was a family room, although I was staying by on my own for one night. I was very pleased as a man to have a hot water basin with a nearby mirror, although it would be better if the mirror was in front of the basin. Great.

The shower and toilet were in separate cubicles within the room. The shower confused me at first as the hot and cold water taps were on opposite side to what is typical, but once I realized this there was plenty of hot water, and a comfortable shower rose with the appropriate amount of pressure to have an enjoyable shower. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were provided in dispensers, but it would be easier if they were labelled. Excellent.

The toilet was a little bit disappointing as it would keep running once the button was pressed. Obviously the plunger in the tank wasn't lining up with the hole properly. Not a big problem, I was only staying for one night, and I could close the door to the toilet. I'd imagine this will be fixed up shortly.

In addition, the room had air conditioning, a fridge, and a microwave along with a few other pieces of furniture, tourist information, etc. Excellent.

Checkout was simply a matter of dropping my key off at the front desk. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a small motel of only about 6 rooms. I believe they're all much the same. I stayed in r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for your great feedback. It's feedback like yours that enables us to keep on top of small maintenance problems we don't always pick up on. I'm sure you'll be glad to know the toilet has been replaced, so no more running water through the night.
Thanks also for the feedback about the taps. We hadn't noticed, but now realise, that 3 of the rooms have the taps the opposite from the other 3 rooms. I'm not sure yet how we'll fix it, but we are looking into it.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you back any time.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Well located. very close to a lovely beach and clean and comfy indeed. Very friendly staff and ever so helpful. Thinking of booking again for Easter next year. Will definitely be recommeding to my friends for future travels. Thanks to Easter Bunny for the little Easter basket, was a lovely touch. Thank you for making our stay a relaxing and peaceful one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
mpbmotel, Owner at Moore Park Beach Motel, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and the Easter Bunny is very happy you enjoyed his visit. He'll probably hop in again next Easter, so we'd love to see you too, or at any other time of the year!
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Dear Jan and Charlie, Or though it was an over night stay i enjoyed being there and i would'nt hesitate in coming back, the room was very comfortable and clean, and your friendly welcome just topped it off.
regards
veronica

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
mpbmotel, Owner at Moore Park Beach Motel, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thanks for your great comments. We try to make everyone welcome here whenever they come, for however long they come. We'd love to see you back any time you're up our way.
gold coast
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Awesome breakfast , super comfy bed , convenient location and lovely , lovely owners . Wish I'd bought my dogs along being pet friendly :) ...... Thankyou for our fun stay and will definitely be back for more research on the Moore park community . Xx

• Stayed March 2013
mpbmotel, Owner at Moore Park Beach Motel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thanks for those great comments Viv, and be sure to bring your dog next time, as the beach is pet-friendly too! Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moore Park Beach
Bundaberg Spanish Motor Inn
Tropical Gardens Motor Inn
Tropical Gardens Motor Inn
#13 of 17 in Bundaberg

Been to Moore Park Beach Motel? Share your experiences!