“Wonderfully relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 2 Muston B&B and Inns
Cambs
“Wonderfully relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here at the end of June and was joined by a friend. The hospitality and friendliness of Carole and Andrew was second to none and I have a wonderful time relaxing and catching up with my friend. We had the twin bedroom which was very comfortable, we polished off the homemade flapjack and slept like logs. The house and gardens are gorgeous. Highly recommended - I hope to go back sooner rather than later. Oh and great breakfast - try the Oeufs Hemingway!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

An lovely early 19th century building with very spacious rooms and comfortable bed. Hosts were excellent and a very good breakfast. Set in grounds with church nearby. Thoroughly recommended. Good for walkers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marchwiel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I travel extensively holding VIP cards for most major chains but this B&B was exceptional.
Upon arrival I was greeted by Carole who welcomed me into her home and offered a relaxing respite in the summer house with tea and cake. A most pleasant person who made me feel instantly at home.
The room was superb - exceeding all expectations.
Wifi was strong and constant throughout my stay.
Finally a place to sleep undisturbed with the windows open.
In the morning I was greeted by Andrew who had baked bread fresh for breakfast. My order was taken which was again cooked to perfection.
On my departure, Carole was again there to wish a fond farewell.
Glebe House goes into my diamond standard collection and I will, most certainly, stay again if in or near that part of England.
Many thanks to Carole and Andrew for a most delightful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony P
Harrogate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Found Glebe House on t'internet whilst looking for somewhere to stay prior to a day working in Grantham.
When I arrived I couldn't quite believe what a cool place this is; the pictures can never do it justice.
I was greeted by Andrew, who introduced me to Carole, & we were soon sitting down for a brew, some flapjack & a chat.
I booked the pink room which had everything I could have needed; Carole even sorted me out a bottle of water, some milk & shortbread to go with the tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc that was already in my room.
They were so welcoming it felt like I was staying with good friends...
Loads of free parking & wi-fi complete the deal perfectly.
I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Grantham.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Carole and Andrew welcomed us with tea,coffee and homemade cake which we enjoyed while chatting to them in the drawing room by an open fire. Our room was beautiful, furnished with antiques and decorated beautifully in keeping with the house. We actually liked the fact that the room did not have a TV. Carole and Andrew set up a TV in the drawing room for us to watch if we chose to. The bed was fantastic and we had the best nights sleep ever!!! Breakfast was set up for us in the diningroom with freshly baked bread and home made jam and marmelade. The ingredients for the cooked breakfast were of very good quality and it was a nice amount. We would love to go back,fantastic stay!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fantastic, high spec and unique Georgian Rectory. Quality lounge, food, wine and accommodation. Two nights in the Georgian Suite, were comfortable, relaxing and luxurious. Andrew & Carole are superb hosts, chatty if you have time, but totally helpful, attentive and professional. Home made cake, scones, bread & suppers every bit as good as Andrews quality cooked breakfasts. Right from the outset we were made to feel at home when really we were sharing their house. Listed as a B&B does not do it justice. We could hardly think of anything which would have improved our experience.

Room Tip: Just book - they are all fantastic!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Royston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed as a couple at Glebe House. The three nights were a wonderful, memorable time where we were made most welcome and comfortable. The house, room and bathroom were cleaner then some of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in. The breakfast was excellent and all we needed to set us up for the day. We had supper one evening with the hosts and thoroughly enjoyed it, they are very good cooks. There is a wine list which is good value and good quality.
They were excellent hosts, and very easy to converse with.

Room Tip: There are only two with en-suites, either one is very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Setter60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muston
Belton Woods Hotel
#8 of 9 in Grantham
Langar Hall
Langar Hall
#1 of 1 in Langar

Been to Glebe House? Share your experiences!