“It has a nice HUM!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Sequim, Washington
“It has a nice HUM!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is a nice property and the decor was nice. I had high hopes! The check in was okay. The room was pretty nice and everything seemed fine. The pool and spa was awesome! The work out room looked pretty good, but I stayed in the pool and spa so long I didn't use it. The wifi was okay and the breakfast looked good, but I passed on it. The bed seemed okay but......

I was on the third floor and didn't sleep well because of a HUM. I turned of everything I could find to turn off. Still a hum.... When I put my head on the pillow the hum was coming through the pillow. (?) I don't know what that was about! This building hums from all the mechanical things running. The roof top units, the ice machines, the cheap fridges, and the wall Heat/AC units. 99% of the time all this goes unnoticed, but not here! I tried everything to get to sleep and nothing worked so I ended up not being well rested. It makes for a rough day after!
When I talked to the desk we worked it out but I was not satisfied because THEY didn't offer to comp the room 100% - They asked me what I wanted so I said half because I did use their stuff, but they should have offered 100%! A place is judged by how they handle unhappy customers - They are not that good at it!

Okay! All that being said! This is a okay place to stay and everything was mostly in order.
The are pretty good in some areas and pretty weak in others. The refrigerator was cheap and didn't get very cold and didn't have a freezer. I was put off by the $3:00 for a bottle of water, but the water in Twin Falls is not very good so buy water before you get there.
I am not so sure I would stay here again. I may start planing my trips to not land in Twin Falls at all. Sometimes it works out - sometimes it doesn't! For me it didn't! I am not going to be sour grapes here though it would be nice if they gave me ALL my money back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LightingBolts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Bogotá
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

This La Quinta is the best I've ever stayed at! It is new, but even more than that, it is beautiful and comfortable and the rates are wonderful! I must stay in Twin Falls every couple of months, traveling back and forth from Lake Tahoe and Calgary with my 2 golden retrievers, and there is no place else I'd ever even consider to stay. And the staff, as is the case with all the La Quinta's I stay at, are super friendly and nice!

Room Tip: I've now stayed here twice and both times were wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We were very pleased with our one-night stopover at La Quinta in Twin Falls, Idaho. The facility is attractive and well-kept, staff is friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent in both variety and availability. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We had never stayed at La Quinta-Twin Falls before and found it wonderful. Our cats were traveling with us and so we needed a pet friendly establishment. The zero charge for animals was also welcome. The breakfast was very good, especially the scrambled eggs! We will definitely be back. The hotel appeared to be new and very well cared for.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Napa, CA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We have stayed here twice now. We always look for a La Quinta when traveling. They are clean, dog friendly, have great breakfasts and are a great deal! This one in particular is one of the best. We stayed at a Comfort Inn the night prior (there were no La Quinta's in this particular town) and paid twice the amount and the property was old, the room was nothing special and we left feeling ripped off. Plus the people who work at La Quinta are very friendly! Imagine, they actually called our room to see if we were happy and if we needed anything, now that was a nice touch! The bed and pillows were really plush as well. I can't say a bad word about this place.

1 Thank eavnapa
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I prefer a medium firm mattress with a soft pillow. This LaQuinta had the soft pillow but the bed was lumpy and lacked support. I think it was just past its prime and needed replacement. Other than that, I heartily recommend the Twin Falls LaQuinta. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. The staff is helpful and professional. Plus, the complimentary breakfast of potatoes, scrambled eggs with sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, etc. goes far beyond the usual complimentary continental breakfast found at many mid-level hotels. My wife and I intend to stay again at this LaQuinta on our way back from our travels.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel on our cross country trek in May. When choosing places to say when traveling across the country with a dog we want clean, comfortable, attractive, pet friendly and free internet with an affordable price. Mostly you do not get all of those at once but with the LaQuinta you do, and a free breakfast to boot.
LaQuinta you make me want to stay with you again (and I am).

It is in a convenient location, near restaurants and gas stations and groceries...all the things you need on a cross country drive.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family