“Basic Garden Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Boise
“Basic Garden Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The brand delivers comfort usually, The desk clerk on arrival was incompetent. I asked for a room at the back of the hotel and she was unable to move me from my pre assigned room on the front side. After waiting 10 minutes I said dont worry about it. Then she gave me keys that didnt work so I had to go back to the desk. Niggling little things but the place tries to hold itself out as first rate and that type of reception after a long day doesnt really fulfill the promise. The couch in my room was the least comfortable couch I have ever sat one. Internet was intermittently very slow though that could be the facilities ISP. Bed was fine. Room was quiet enough. Far from special but this is probably as nice a place as Twin Falls has to offer. Elevation 486 is within a mile and its an ok restaurant that is worth dining at.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back but dont be surprised if they dont know how to use their computers to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dave H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize you had issues with your check in. I think part of the issues may be because of the room we had you in. You mentioned the couch in your room which leads me to believe it is a suite. If this is the case, all of our suites actually face the front of the hotel and our staff should have been better at messaging that. We are also in the process of upgrading our internet to provide a more consistent experience for all our guests.
I hope that you will give us another chance to delight you if your travels should bring you back through Twin Falls.
~Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Monument, CO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Tacoma, Washington....a 22 hour trip. After driving for 11 hours we were pleasantly surprised when we walk ed into this lovely hotel. Our room had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet, even though we were near the elevator! We also used the laundry room (clean) and the business center (small but in working order). We were only 4 miles from the interstate and 2 miles from the Snake River (impressive!). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Laura S
Dave H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel including the business center and its convenient location. I am happy that you were pleased with the beds and quietness of our rooms despite the proximity to the elevator.
We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Twin Falls.
Ely
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Hilton Garden Inns are a good brand. We were disappointed that only 3 towels were provided in a 2 queen room. It is so bothersome to have to get another towel when you finally get in for the night. The beds were quite hard. There was supposedly an adjustment, but we didn't feel it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are always happy to bring additional towels up to the rooms for you if our standard amount turns out insufficient. We hope you will give us another chance to delight you if your travels bring you through Twin Falls in the future.
Tualatin, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stay here while I travel through Idaho for work. I have also held several events in the meeting room. Everyone is so helpful and the hotel stay is always clean and comfortable. I would suggest a room facing the back of the hotel for a wonderful view. The meeting rooms are nice and hotel contact is very easy to work with.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the back of the hotel for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that we are able to work with you for your ongoing business needs. We truly strive to have everything you may need for your business travel right at your fingertips. I am also happy that you were able to experience our meeting space. It is definitely an amenity that is often overlooked.
I look forward to working with you again next time your business brings you to Twin Falls
Fort Pierce, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We enjoyed a 3-night stay at this Hilton in Twin Falls. It's centrally located very close to the Snake River and Perrine Bridge. The hotel is beautiful (only 5 years old), the amenities are great. Plenty of room, nice bathroom and a really comfy bed with soft linens. The manager was especially helpful when we asked about local breakfast spots and directions to Walmart. Yes, the location is great if you need to run out to Target, Walmart or the grocery store, but also easy to locate main thoroughfares and highways. They also have a nice laundry facility on the first floor. There is also a restaurant which was OK for dinner if you don't want to go out,

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the building. There are no buildings behind the hotel, but you mig...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the HGI Twin Falls. I am glad that you enjoyed our guestroom amenities. We are the only hotel in town that has the firmness adjustable beds. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back through the Twin Falls area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Twin Falls was a great place to stay after a long day of driving. The hotel was clean and modern, and the guest room was well-appointed and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Best of all, the air quality in the room was excellent, something I can't say about every hotel I've stayed in. Great hotel, good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dave H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for your review.
i am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Twin Falls. I am glad that you were able to relax in our rooms after a long day of driving. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you through Twin Falls.
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great place to stay. Great location having the canyon and walking/running trail behind the hotel. Easy to get to and easy to get back on the freeway. Good breakfast and close to many places to get supplies and eat. My kids enjoyed the pool and the fitness center was a nice bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found our location and amenities to your liking. The walking trail along the Snake River canyon is really one of the hidden gems of our valley.
We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back through Twin Falls.