“Good but apparently unknown”

Canyon Crest Dining & Event Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Crest Dining & Event Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 158 Restaurants in Twin Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on Idaho's beautiful Snake River Canyon, Canyon Crest overlooks a breathtaking vista of golf courses, parks and the Snake River. While you may come to Canyon Crest for the view alone, don't miss out on Magic Valley's most palate-pleasing dishes. Our menu is sure to satisfy your culinary desire, while the patio and lounge offer spectacular views. It is the perfect place to unwind with friends and colleagues. We offer a memorable dining experience in an unforgettable atmosphere.
new jersey
“Good but apparently unknown”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Even if you are not hungry, you should go here for a drink and savor the views. The patio overlooks Twin Falls Grand Canyon "mini me". The view is amazing. Some folks may be turned off by the plain exterior but the interior is very nice. The patio is great too.

As for the menu, we tried several different items. All were good. Wine prices were reasonable too. We would return. FYI, it turns out that they recently hired a new chef. Apparently there were problems with the old chef, and that may be the reason for some of the older unkind comments.

Visited July 2014

Twin Falls, ID
“A huge disappointment on our anniversary”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I went to Canyon Crest on a not-too-busy weekday evening for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The location of this restaurant is beautiful, especially if you can sit outside on a nice day. My wife and I asked the hostess if we could sit outside and she took us to a nice little table for two. We were immediately provided menus, water, and some bread. Unfortunately, that was the last service we received. We waited for a server to take our order, but never got served. We watched as another couple who came in after us, was seated at an adjacent table, served water, bread, something to drink and had their order taken. At the table next to us, a couple finished their dinner, ordered and received their dessert, and even paid their bill while we continued to wait to be served. We tried getting the attention of a any server, but were unsuccessful. After waiting nearly 20 minutes, we got up and left. As we were leaving the restaurant we told the hostess we were leaving because we never got waited on. The general manager overheard our conversation and offered to take care of us himself. By then, it was too late. We left the Canyon Crest as very disappointed customers and highly doubt we will ever return.

This restaurant is in a beautiful location, but has a history for us of mediocre food. We had heard their menu had improved and was the reason we gave it another try. This is the only time we have had an issue with the service, which I'm sure was due to poor communication between the hostess and servers. However, this was an inexcusable error and one that will prevent us from returning.

• Visited June 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was my first visit to Canyon Crest. It had been recommended so we took my mother there for her 87th birthday. We sat outside and dealt with the heat because the view is so spectacular. We drove in from Boise for this restaurant.
We had a party of 13 people. The wait staff was excellent. The food was NOT. I was so disappointed that a place that is touted as being so great really was not. Some of the food was good, some excellent, and some disappointing. My father's shrimp scampi was great. The finger steaks were good. The tri-tip, which my son and I ordered, was bad. I feel they should take it off the menu. Even though it was thin (too much so), we had a difficult time cutting and chewing it. The flavor was just average. The other thing that really disappointed me was the fact that all of our party got their food and I had to wait 15 minutes to get mine. Most of the party were finished with their meal before mine arrived. Then the baked potato was not thoroughly cooked and as I said the tri-tip was tough and chewy. However not one cent was deducted from our bill which would have made up for the wait time. I will think long and hard before going there again.

• Visited July 2014
Ashland, Oregon, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staying in town for the night, needed dinner and wanted a nice place with atmosphere. Canyon Crest was a great spot for the evening. Excellent service, beautiful view and dog-friendly

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jill T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great new chef!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in out of the blue to have a craft beer and decided last minute to have dinner. I cannot say how impressed and surprised we were with our meals. The new menu made it hard to pick just one thing and the presentation of our meals was top notch. Not to mention the taste was out of this world! I am actually excited to go back and try more. Great atmosphere and drinks along with great food now make canyon crest a top destination.

1 Thank joshua y