“Trip Home”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Cheney, Washington
“Trip Home”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was wonderful. The room was large, the king size bed was comfortable and there was no noise. After a 10 hour drive the Jacuzzi tub was amazing. I went home to attend my grandma's funeral and have back problems. This made my next day travel much easier getting a good nights sleep, having a comfortable place to rest and a little water therapy for my back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kellee T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Twin Falls Idaho, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn and we are glad that you were able to benefit by being in one of our rooms that have a jetted tub. Please accept our condolences on the loss of your grandmother. We hope that next time we see you it will be under happier circumstances.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
austin, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family. The hotel was very clean and nicely appointed. Every employee I encountered was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were refreshing after a long day of driving. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at Hampton Inn Twin Falls recently. We're glad your family enjoyed their time at our hotel and we wish you a safe trip home.
Pinehurst, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have mentioned before I'm a Hampton Inn guy when on the road with fam. Typical HI experience....rooms were very clean, bathroom was spotless and beds were comfortable. I would say the front desk hostess was a bit unfriendly and a bit put-offish. We ended up arriving late since our reservation was screwed up by the nationwide personnel but the ladies in Tremonton, UT (who were fantastic in helping resolve the issue) saved the day and it seemed they had called ahead (my perception).........so maybe it was time to get off and head home for her. Whatever the reason for her lack of enthusiasm, it was not what I have come to expect from HI staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kellee T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Twin Falls Idaho, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We appreciate you staying with us and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We regret that you didn't receive the Hampton welcome that you are accustomed to and will use your observation to increase our "Hamptonality" for future guests. Please come again next time you are in town.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

All around an excellent experience, even more so than at other Hampton Inns, which are usually pretty good. The beds were terrific, everything was spotless, and even the eggs at breakfast were passable. The breakfast room was not too small for the size of the property, and the selection was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kellee T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Twin Falls Idaho, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind comments in your posting. Please stay with us again next time you are in Twin Falls.
Foster City, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Last August, we stayed at this hotel on our way back home from Yellowstone NP. Our first impression of the hotel was typical of Hampton Inn, very clean and modern. I wouldn't say the staff were the friendliest people, but mostly professional until the incident.
Twenty minutes after we checked out of the hotel, we realized that my daughter left our Bose Headphones in the room. We called the hotel and were told that if we can wait, they could send a housekeeper to check the room and called us if they found them there. Since we were very sure that we left the headphones in the hotel room, I told them that I would return to the hotel right away.
When I came back, the front girl was on the phone, without any "I will be with you shortly...", she continued talking on the phone as if we didn't exist. We waited until she got off the phone. Apparently she knew why we were there, immediately she told me that a housekeeper went checking the room and found nothing but garbage there. I requested to go up to the room and had a look myself. She looked displeased, and started searching for something. At this point, another phone call came in, again without saying anything to us, she picked up the phone and started talking. We waited and waited until she finished her conversation on the phone. I made another request to go up to the room. She started searching for something again. Then, a door behind her opened, a lady came out of the door. This lady must be a manager of some sort, the front girl immediately started talking to her, but before she had a chance to explain to the lady what happened, out of nowhere, the lady handed me my Bose headphones. We, including the front girl were all stunned by this turn of events. None of them said anything to me, I think I emotionlessly said "Thank you" and walked out of the hotel with my daughter.
Needless to say, I will never stay at this hotel again and don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Y C
We have disputed this posting as possibly being another hotel instead of ours as Hampton Inn Twin Falls does not have a door that opens anywhere behind the front desk. We are also questioning why this was posted now if it happened in Aug 2013.
If the person who posted this would like to discuss this incident, please contact our general manager at 208-734-2233 as if you did indeed stay with us we would like to be allowed to address your concerns.
Concord, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We made a reservation for 2 adults and 3 children, with a king bed and pull-out couch. Since it was advertised as fitting 5, we expected there'd be an additional cot available, but when we arrived, it became clear that they expected us to cram 3 people into one of those beds. We did a girls' bed and a boys' bed - Mom and 2 girls in the king, Dad and the boy in the sofa sleeper - and it was fine but not ideal. If we'd had a toddler or baby it would've been fine (normal for us in fact) to put 2 kids in the sleeper and keep the toddler with Mom and Dad in the king, but our kids are ages 5-11. This room should be advertised as fitting 4, or they should include a cot for 5.

The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was good (though larger Hamptons have had more options), and the indoor pool and hot tub were a nice bonus, if a bit loud from the echoing of voices. Also I was impressed at how quiet our room was since we were somewhat near the pool and people still seemed to be coming and going when we went to bed - or maybe I was just exhausted after a full day of driving, as this was just a stopover to break up a 16 hour drive.

If you have 4 or fewer people, it is a good deal in terms of how nice it is for the price range, and would have been an excellent choice for us if not for the bed issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are sorry about the confusion of 5 person occupancy in the room. You are correct in assuming that "5" is posted to be able to have a small child or infant in the room, along with 4 larger people. Room occupancy is set by the local fire code, and the room you had has an occupancy of 5 so families traveling with little ones can all stay in one room, rather than spend extra money on 2 rooms. It certainly isn't comfortable for 5 adults to share the room, or even families with older children. I would encourage anyone traveling with families to contact the hotel directly prior to your stay and be sure that was has been booked actually accommodates your families' needs.
We do appreciate you staying and are glad the rest of your stay went well. Thank you, and please come again.
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2014

which is to say, good. Stayed at 2 HI properties on trip: Spokane and Twin Falls, ID. No problems, great stay in Spokane. Twin Falls, nice room but AC not working properly, cumbersome internet sign on and slow speed and breakfast bar not as nice and out of coffee without dedicated person stocking bar, as at Spokane. All in all, will look for HI properties in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and for your posting. We will use your observations in improving our service and addressing issues that you pointed out. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns, and hope to see you again on your next stay in Twin Falls.