“Surprisingly fantastic”
Review of Blue Lakes Inn

Blue Lakes Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We travel though Twin Falls 2-3 times a year on our way to Bozeman, MT. We usually stay at those other hotels listed as #1 and #2, and they are fine. But this time, we wanted to try another place as those other hotels can be a bit noisy and crowded. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to try this place.
So picture us driving into town Sept 17th, a cool, wet Tuesday evening at about 10:30pm. We were so road tired. When we found this place, I wasn't too sure about it. I mean, its an older style building and well, wasn't sure if we'd picked a good place. But when we entered the hotel's office, we were greeted by the nicest receptionist; so welcoming and friendly that my hesitation subsided. I only wish I remembered his name. He filled us in on the place and the breakfast, etc.
Then to the room... standard, but very clean, very remodeled and very nice. AND THE BEDS were the best part. My husband was very, very happy at the quality of the beds.
And the breakfast? One of the best I've had in a hotel. VERY small room (maybe could seat eight) but there was two kinds of quiche and excellent bacon, fresh watermelon, and the coffee great.
We couldn't believe the price of this hotel; Great "bang for the buck". We will indeed be frequent guests; hope they don't become too over booked due to such good reviews.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah D, Assistant Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review of our little hotel. We work hard to ensure a wonderful stay, and I'm so happy that we didn't disappoint. Please return should your travels bring you back to Twin Falls, Idaho.

There are newer reviews for Blue Lakes Inn

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Blue Lakes in for for the first time this week. The rooms are very nice and the beds are very comfortable. They have a nice complimentary breakfast and are very close to several good restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel and it is a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I loved everything about the place great ambiance. Pulled up with my Tahoe with all our skiing equipment. I was worried about it being on top of my Tahoe but the place has full serveillance. really made me sleep easy at night knowing my stuff was being video taped all night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were really surprised at how much the owners must have put into a place that may have had a previous life as a Days Inn. What a make over. Nice, Nice room. Great bed and bathroom. We even had a sauna in our room. We were upgraded without Unfortunately, the A/C resembled a 747 on take off. Breakfast in the AM had very good Cinnamon rolls and coffee. I am rating it very good because of the effort and decor that has gone into this place. I would come back and hope for a better A/C system.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review of our little hotel. We work hard to ensure a wonderful stay, and I'm so happy that we didn't disappoint. We apologize for the noisy Air/ Conditioner. We have done quite a few upgrades since we've seen you. Please return should your travels bring you back to Twin Falls, Idaho.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

During our visit we have stayed mostly at chain hotels. This room was around the same price but was far superior. Tastefully decorated and very friendly staff. Just the fact that you get to eat off real plates and use real cutlery made it worth the visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Blue Lakes Inn is an unexpected gem Rooms are tastefully decorated in a spa motif; very relaxing. The staff friendly and helpful and the bed very comfortable as well. The only critical thing I can say is that the breakfast wasn’t up to par with the rest of the experience; bacon too crisp and too salty, cinnamon buns heavy and overly sweet, layout of the breakfast bar wasn’t intuitive. Other than that, the location is terrific the rooms quiet, comfortable, and very reasonably priced for the exceptional quality. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Wow! This is the best place to stay. We could not find a reasonable price room at the other hotels in town nor a handicap accessible room. We went here and the staff and the rooms were the best. Very friendly and clean. Comfortable beds and finally a truly handicap accessible room with all the ability to have a wheelchair in it. The day we left everyone mad sure our stay was good and that we had breakfast(very good). The staff also made sure the accessible room was acceptable. I highly recommend the Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple