All reviews steam shower boutique hotel cinnamon rolls bunk bed room blue lakes fire pit bacon busy road ground floor comfortable beds breakfast was delicious a long road trip mini fridge great room omelet pool and hot tub shoshone falls
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stayed one night at this hotel and it was such a great experience. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The people at the desk are friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. Had a great free breakfast in the morning too. Another plus for the place is that it is on a main drag with shops and eating places in short drive. Great place for the price.

Room Tip: Ground floor always works for us. Makes it easier with luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JonPaulS12, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and noticed all the hard work our staff put into the Inn and making each guest feel special. Come back again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The room was a lot larger than expected and the interior had been decorated in a fun, unexpected way. The room was very clean and the location was across at least two restaurants. People at the desk were extremely friendly and breakfast was very good. Even the breakfast room was cool!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JonPaulS12, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for the great review of 5 stars and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Glad you noticed the hard work our staff puts into each room in keeping everything in pristine condition. We try to be the best and make each guest feel at home and taken care of. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This seems to be an old motel that has been fixed up. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. The lighting in the room was dim. We could open the window for more light, but then anyone outside can see the entire room. The rooms have a loud old school air conditioner/heater against the wall that kicks on and off all night if you want the temp to stay comfortable. If you do decide to stay here request a room by the pool on the far end away from the busy road which we could hear from our room which was towards the center.

I called the day before arriving to ask if a crib would be available or if I needed to bring one, and the woman I spoke to was very nice. She said it would be in our room when we arrived. When we checked in around 5p the manager was at the desk. When I asked about the crib he said he’d check if it was available. I told him I had called ahead and could have brought one. In the end it was available and he said he’d have it taken to our room. At 8p my husband went back to the desk to request the crib again (our room was on the upper level), and the manager told him he must have not seen it. My husband assured him he knew what a ‘pack and play’ looked like, but the manager insisted so my husband went back to the room and looked again and then returned to the desk to ask again! At which point the manager went and got the crib from the back and gave it to my husband.

The breakfast was fine, mostly Costco fare, eg precooked turkey, yogurt, cereal, bacon, muffins, etc. They also had big cinnamon rolls, but only two, which got taken quickly and were not refreshed throughout the 40 minutes we were there. The breakfast room is quite small with about six tables that filled up very quickly. The gal at the desk wasn’t super attentive only refilling or replacing items when asked.

The pool is small so don’t plan to swim laps, but it was great for us. The kids enjoyed playing, and management didn’t seem to mind that we had some friends join us that we had come to visit. One drawback is the smoking section for the motel is right next to the pool.

In the end it was fine for an overnight stay, but I wouldn’t recommend it and next time we’ll spend the extra money to stay at the Marriott.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
JonPaulS12, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your review and comments. We take reviews very serious and apologize for the crib situation. I will be talking to the person who was on duty. They should have had the crib in your room when you arrived. Also sorry regarding the breakfast situation, we sometimes run out of certain items and try to replenish as soon as possible. We want all our guests to feel at home and be comfortable, this is not our standard operating procedures and expect our staff to do better.We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, it will be addressed..

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This is a very nice "spruced-up" motor lodge to try to give it a rustic/western feel. Some nice touches, pleasant enough young people managing front desk, etc., but don't expect it to feel like a personalized boutique hotel. Also, try to avoid staying in room#207. The room is nice and clean, but be prepared to hear EVERY bit of the conversation going on in the adjoining room #208. Our neighbors were just having a simple conversation at a normal speaking volume at about 9pm about their plans for the next day, etc., they had the TV on very low. Book this room if you want to open the adjoining door and share the space with friends or family. I mentioned this at the front desk when we checked out, I suggested that they might want to put some soundproofing on the doors of rooms that are adjoining. Breakfast is average, very simple, basic quality- what you'd find at a decent motor lodge - prepared omelets, bacon and sausage in heating trays, a few cereal choices, some yogurt, bread and muffins. The little pool and jacuzzi looked clean and nice, but quite small so if there are more than a few of you in the pool, expect a "shoulder to shoulder" experience.

Room Tip: Don't book room 207 or 208.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ABroad1
JonPaul S, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

We appreciate all the reviews so we can constantly improve. Thank you for noticing our hard work in keeping everything in pristine condition. We usually get great reviews for the breakfasts.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The room was so cute and SO clean. The furnishings looked to be new. I also loved that it was a pet friendly hotel as I had my 40 pound lab mix dog with me. Breakfast was the good and the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
JonPaul S, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We appreciate your great review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with your beloved lab mix. Thank you for noticing all the hard work our staff puts into keeping everything in pristine condition. Hope you can come back again when you are in the area.