See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2016

I had booked a room directly with the motel for September 3, 2016. When I arrived at 8 pm, the lobby was locked and note was on the door with a telephone number to call for assistance. I called the number several time and left messages, but never got a response. I had to find another hotel on a busy, County Fair weekend. I never did get a response from the telephone messages I left.

I have stayed at this motel several times. Although the motel is old, it was a convenient location for my trips.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I was hot and tired and wanted something within walking distance for a meal.
The Inn is right off Highway 93 west bound and has ample parking.
Getting into the room requires 2 keys that operate the door and deadbolt, a bit old fashioned but it works. Even though you are right next to the Highway, it is quiet.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank chopperhh
Reviewed 12 July 2016

The manager informed me that they are phasing out short-term stays. This new policy is most clearly reflected in the lack of on-site staff during the weekends. While services may be requested by phone call, clearly the owner would prefer not to pay someone to be there to man the desk OR to clean the rooms.

The beds were comfortable, and the neighborhood was quiet, so we were able to get a good night's sleep. They provided two washer/dryer units to customers to use at no charge! WiFi service was generally acceptable and reliable. At one time they had a breakfast served, but that had also been phased out. In all fairness to the inn, the third party hotel search engines were often unwilling or unable to inform holders of reservations of changes in the services. I found this a credible story because I've had problems on more than one occasion with the 3rd party search engine services.

I won't recommend against staying here, but would only advise that if you are considering staying here, call the hotel directly, and don't go through a 3rd party to make your reservation.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark_only
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We looked online. Scouted things out. Because of car show and baseball/softball tournaments all other hotels and motels were filled.

The Apollo motor inn had numerous rooms available so we stayed there.

Total was a little over $85 for a room with two double beds, non smoking. The room smelled of mildew but appeared clean.

The bathroom has an over abundance of caulk opon caulk and visible black mold.

The clerk that checked us in was awesome!

We immediately noticed no coffee maker in the room but didn't sweat it as they advertise homemade breakfast and coffee in the office.

This morning we go to fetch coffee and are told they no longer do breakfast or coffee (apparently they stopped meals and coffee a month ago).

The morning clerk was snotty and rude.

The owner heard her rudeness and caught her in several lies as she tried to back track her behavior. He did nothing. He did not apologize for anything.

Bottom line I was not expecting luxury, but for $30 less motel 6 always has coffee and mold and mildew are not present.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank tonylynw
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I believe the 4-star rating is given (generously) by those reviewers who stayed in the rooms away from the street. (In my opinion, 4-stars should be for hotels one step from perfect - and this is far from that.) The horseshoe in front, which includes the office area is a 2 star, at best. Maybe a 1-star. I got the front, my friends the back. The room (21) is old, the bed saggy and super soft, bedspread is stained. I had a towel that was so thin, it felt like the washcloth was heavier. I usually am not picky if the room is comfy, clean and a few touches of modern, but I'd never stay in this dump again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends