“Disappointed”

Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Blow dryer was broken purposely, the peep hole through the door was plugged with gum wrappers/etc, and the room had sunflower seeds on the floor when I came in. In addition, someone kept smoking and their cigarette smell came through my door and made my room smell awful.

The toilet had mold around the under part of the rim.

Too their credit the front desk receptionist was very nice and took care of the blow dryer and peep hole problem very quickly. The people were very nice, unfortunately the room just wasn't very cleaned and the cigarette smell was terrible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RL_Customer_Care, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. I apologize for the issues you had, as that is not what we expect our guest experience to be. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and were able to respond to your complaint timely.
Thank you very much for your feedback, we will most certainly look into your issue with our housekeeping department. We look forward to providing you excellent service as a valued guest.

Bonnie Coats, GM

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The further your room is from the fron desk and higher up in levels the less likely you are to get internet service. Breakfast was OK. The check in hostess did not know how to do tax exempt and was angry when I told her she could not photo copy my Purchasing Card. She was a lot nicer to the two men before me than she was to me. I will only stay here if we have another conference which I hope we don't.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Katina K
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Spent the weekend here for meetings. Hotel rooms are spacious and well maintained. Bed was very comfortable. Refrigerator in room was nice to have. We had two days of meetings there. Staff was excellent from the front desk, to the servers at dinner, to housekeeping. I left my wallet in the room when I left and it was returned to me by the very nice staff. Everyone went out of their way to ensure our meetings and stay in Twin Falls was perfect. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I always cringe when I book a hotel from a no-name website only to find that I am not familiar with the hotel brand. I travel a lot; upwards of 45 weeks per year, and although I've seen the Red Lion Hotel, I've never stayed at one. WOW!!! Was I ever missing out. I loved this hotel. Everything about it. From the great front desk staff to the warm and inviting lobby. The room was far better than I expected with drapes that actually closed all the way and did not block some dang wall A/C unit. The room was spacious and clean; the bed was wonderful and the room furnishings reminded me of being home. The breakfast was far superior to most hotel breakfasts and the location was simply ideal. I liked this hotel so much that I joined their loyalty program. I will definatly stay at this hotel the next time I'm in the area and will seek out other Red Lion Hotels in hopes that they are equally as nice as the Canyon Springs in Twin Falls.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at Red Lion while visiting our daughter in Twin Falls. It was a clean roomy and had three chairs which was great when our daughter visited us. The staff at the counter were very helpful. The breakfast was adequate but we had to pay for it since we booked on line at a cheaper rate. The place was clean and the bed comfortable. We had an upstairs room with a cute little balcony, great for fresh air at night.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air at night book an upstairs room. However there is no elevator so the baggage m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I travel often with my two husky puppies. I've had great experiences with this chain in the past which is why we chose this hotel. The room was clean. Grounds okay but some common amenities were missing. In room coffee is a big one for me because it's hard for me with the two little pups. This room had no coffee maker, no microwave and no mini fridge. It was only a one nighter so not too bad but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Hello Michelle M,

Thank you for writing a review. our coffee station is stored in the armoirs next to the TV. I am very sorry that we weren't able to help you with that before it became a problem. Microwaves and Fridge's are available upon request. We hope to have them available in all rooms very soon! We hope your trip was great and wish you lots of fun with your puppies. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Mellissa at the desk is a gem! Due to a chef leaving them, the restaurant and lounge were no longer open on Sunday, but there are many in the immediate vicinity and this is just temporary. Our room was clean, well stocked with towels, pillows and coffee and comfortable. Full buffet breakfast is available. Management should give Melissa a raise. We may have kept looking had she not been so helpful and personable. (We were really hoping for a restaurant bar but sounds like our timing was just off). :)

Room Tip: Smoking rooms available
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple