“Need upgraded”

Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel could use an update. The carpet needs cleaned or updated as it doesn't seem all that clean. Shower had a small amount of mold along grouting but other than that it was very clean. Bed was comfortable and sheets clean and crisp. The TV is very outdated and no DVD player.
All in all, for the price, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your valuable feedback. I will get together with our housekeeping staff about the bathroom issues. We are on the books for some updating this fall. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls

Reviewed 2 March 2014

What a disappointment!! Arrived at our room on ground floor to find the patio door open and lock broken!! Receptionist apologised and gave us a room upstairs (no lift) heater did not work in this room it was freezing!! Hair in the bed,I think this is where they have them washed... TV very old best part was the WiFi!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your stay. It is definitely not what we want our guests to experience. I will be getting together with our housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness of your room. I will also be talking with the maintenance department regarding the heating and slider lock. We do have the bars for added protection on the sliding doors in case the lock fails. Should you decide to try us again I know we can do better.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

First room we were in had pubic hair all over bathtub the toilet clogged that night and they moved us to another room that room also had pubic hair in bathtub along with dust on the bed and peanuts on the floor. Was not worth the money. I will not be coming back and I will not recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank therundown123
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Unfortunately your stay was not up to our standards. I am very apologetic regarding the condition of the rooms you were offered. I will be going over this with our housekeeping staff to make sure all attempts are made to not have this happen again. Once again I apologize for the condition and inconvenience it caused you and your family.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed three days. The hotel website states free complementary breakfast. When we arrived we were told that this only applies to those that book directly with them and not on-line. There were very few guest (only five or six cars) in our area, yet the patrons rooms were next door to each other. To get from parking area to your room, the outside was poorly lit. I went out to get some luggage and the outside door (requires a card-key return) locked. A large dog (unleashed) came growling and trying to bite me. Had to kick and fight off bites for about 20 seconds until owner was out smoking around the corner. He grabbed dog and rushed inside the hotel. I reported incident to staff and they said they would take care of it. Dog and owner were still there the next morning. Not a safe area, especially for chidren or elderly adults.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PJC01677
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I would like to apologize for the misleading information regarding breakfast. We do have a breakfast buffet but it is not complimentary. It is available for purchase to hotel guests at $4.95 plus tax per adult. (children 10 & under eat for free) We do have a bed and breakfast package that does include breakfast which you can book through the hotel reservation desk or on-line at redlion.com. Our outside doors do require a key to get into the building. This is a safety precaution to only allow guests of the hotel into the building. All non-registered guests are required to enter through the front of the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the unruly dog that was threatening you. I will go over our pet policy procedures with the staff to insure that our guests are following the guide lines provided to them for their pet to be able to stay. I will also ensure that all outside lighting is in proper working condition.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the above facility along with our dog. This was our first vacation with our dog, who is elderly. The pet rate was reasonable, the facility was quiet and comfortable and our dog was comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Blow dryer was broken purposely, the peep hole through the door was plugged with gum wrappers/etc, and the room had sunflower seeds on the floor when I came in. In addition, someone kept smoking and their cigarette smell came through my door and made my room smell awful.

The toilet had mold around the under part of the rim.

Too their credit the front desk receptionist was very nice and took care of the blow dryer and peep hole problem very quickly. The people were very nice, unfortunately the room just wasn't very cleaned and the cigarette smell was terrible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RL_Customer_Care, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. I apologize for the issues you had, as that is not what we expect our guest experience to be. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and were able to respond to your complaint timely.
Thank you very much for your feedback, we will most certainly look into your issue with our housekeeping department. We look forward to providing you excellent service as a valued guest.

Bonnie Coats, GM

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The further your room is from the fron desk and higher up in levels the less likely you are to get internet service. Breakfast was OK. The check in hostess did not know how to do tax exempt and was angry when I told her she could not photo copy my Purchasing Card. She was a lot nicer to the two men before me than she was to me. I will only stay here if we have another conference which I hope we don't.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business