“Road Trip”

Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We pulled into town with 2 small children and our chocolate lab looking for a place to stay for 2 nights. We, of course, needed "dog friendly" and an outdoor pool was also on our list. After reading some of the other reviews on the Red Lion, we drove right by and had no intention of checking it out. Fast forward about an hour, and I was in the lobby looking around with hesitation. Right away, I knew it could work for us. The front desk lady was helpful and friendly and we quickly were on our way up to our room. It's definitely an older place, but our room was spacious and had a little balcony. We would have loved a mini-fridge, but that was the only negative. Cleanliness was average and there are no elevators. My husband was impressed with the workout room. Breakfast was decent and the hotel is walking distance to many restaurants. . The pool area is amazing! It is large, clean, and fun for a whole day of swimming. We are so glad we gave this hotel a chance!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time share your experience at our hotel. We are so happy that you could enjoy our beautiful outdoor pool. It is a great place to spend a summer day. Thank you for complimenting the staff here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were put up at this hotel for job training for my husband. This place is old, there is dog poop in the rocks all around the hotel, we saw termites as well. Housekeeping did a horrible job, we had to ask the front desk for new towels and everyday for shampoo/cream rinse and soap. One day we didn't get our room cleaned at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only saving grace was the front desk ladies they were awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tigncat1
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We take all of our guest concerns seriously. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the condition of your room. We will be discussing the issues with our housekeeping staff. I hope that we can show we can do better on your next stay. Again thank you for your input.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Overall this place is overpriced. I got an OK price through Hotwire for a five night stay but I still paid 25% more than I paid at the Red Lion in Pocatello and in Poky I had a larger King room with a nice fridge and a microwave. The room here in Twin Falls was small with 2-Queen beds and no refer or microwave. After reading some other reviews and management reply's I went and ask the front desk to provide the refer and microwave and was informed that they were available but I consider myself lucky that the hotel is virtually empty because the clerk had to go look to see if they had one available. The room is clean, the staff is friendly but the amenities are weak. I know that for some reason beyond my comprehension this area is a tourist attraction but come on. Let's get these rates in line or if you are going to charge this much every room should have a fridge and M.W. at the very least.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate all feedback whether it be good or bad. I am glad we were able to accommodate your need for the microwave and refrigerator. I hope that we will be able to see you again soon so we can improve your experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room was small, the computer chair was terrible. Toilet & bath could have used a good scrubbing. Other than that it served its purpose as someplace to sleep. The breakfast buffet was pretty good for what it was.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay here. We appreciate all feedback as it helps identify where we need to pick up the pace. I am sorry to hear it was not the type of stay you should have experienced. I hope to have you back again so we can make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Decent place to stay for a change of pace. Average customer service. Lounge within the building which can be closed sometimes. Pool is outside. Rooms could be cleaned better and could use some updating.

Room Tip: Pool outside.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytime2shine
Bonnie C, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feed back. We are hoping that you will visit us again soon. When you do make it back to the Twin Falls area make sure you set aside time to visit Shoshone Falls. This is a fantastic site and is well worth the time to visit. We like to call it the "little niagra". Spring is the best time. This is the water that the area farmers use for irrigation so the run off is much higher in the spring before the irrigation season gets into full motion. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Don't stay in this hotel because the toilet in room 121 does not flush. When I reported the problem to the staff at the front dest, their reply was, "I think we have had problems with that room before.

My immediate thought was, "Then don't rent the room out any more without getting the problem with the toilet fixed!!!"

Who knows how many other rooms have the same problem?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RL_Customer_Care, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all customer issues very seriously. I'm sorry to hear our front office staff did not handle your issue with professionalism. I would like to assure you that the issue with the bathroom will be addressed by our maintenance staff. Please accept my apologies and I hope if you us a chance to make it up to you on your next stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Do not stay here this hotel is all around gross and awful.

The hotel smells like smoke, no breakfast, no fridge, no microwave, no space, out of order pool, horrible shower, old rooms, all around dirty, old tvs.

We stayed here on a family spring break road trip. This was our last hotel and our worst hotel.

This hotel is awful! Stay somewhere else, there are plenty of other places. DO NOT STAY HERE.d

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the lack of cleanliness in our hotel. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! Upon request we do try to get microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms that don't have them. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you give us another try.