“Great little place”

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Victor
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The Brakeman American Grill is Victor's family friendly spot for the BEST Burgers, Sandwiches and delicious Salads. It's all about FRESH at The Brakeman. We grind our beef daily right on site and add our own special seasonings, fresh vegetables and a delicious sourdough bun to create the BEST Burger. Our fresh cut Idaho Fries are a terrific treat and accompany all Burgers and Sandwiches. The Brakeman serves freshly brewed Sun Tea, Fair Trade Organic coffee,sodas and a variety of local and regional beers and wines. The Brakeman is open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Everyone in our party of 16 loved this place. The burgers were delicious and the fries were equally good. I loved the bleu cheese burger slightly more than the mushroom Swiss, but both were great. We wished we'd bought some of their seasoning as well. Friendly service and fun train decor complete the package.

1  Thank wishesUT

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went her on tip from Fox Creek Inn & so glad we did. Staff friendly, casual atmosphere & the burgers are off-the-chart amazing! Big portions, hand-cut, fresh fries. Actually filled up my bottomless pit teenage son. The place is quaint & charming, so we did not mind waiting a bit for our epic burgers & fries. Try the Yellowstone burger with a local brew. The barbecue sauce is sooo yummy too. We will put them on the agenda for our next trip! Yum-o-licious!

1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Having lived in the Valley for a year, I had heard many great things about the food here. Decided to see for myself. Upon getting there I was seated, handed a menu, and asked if I wanted a drink. Typical protocol. I responded that I wanted a water until I had a chance to see what else they had. The waitress rolled her eyes and displayed her annoyance at thinking I was another cheapskate who was going to leave a dinky tip and huffed off. I decided her behavior was unacceptable and left. I don't want to be a patron to places where the servers are allowed to be rude. Says something terrible about the infrastructure. I gave the food a 4, even though I did not eat there, giving everyone who said it was delicious the benefit of the doubt.

spudsister, Owner at The Brakeman American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Just so puzzled by this situation as we live in very dry place and frankly, nearly everyone orders water. We certainly don't judge anyone's drink order as it takes lots of water to get us all through the day here in Idaho! I'm terribly sorry you had a bad experience. Customer service is so important to us. I hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place is great. The hamburgers, fries and salads are excellent. The service is fantastic. And the place is so clean, it's amazing. It's worth the trip...and the calories.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We all enjoyed our meal here...4 different burgers and the cranberry walnut salad (which was absolutely awesome!). Service was a little slow, though they are very small and were constantly busy while we were there. Don't be in a hurry! Overall a good experience....but beware, they charged us for extra mayo....seriously?!

1  Thank Jodonna72