“I want more!”

Cuisines: American
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“I want more!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This had to be the most amazing food I have ever had! When we walked up to the restaurant the first thing we notice was that the maximum seating was twenty! Then on the menu was a notice that they didn't own a microwave and if you were in a hurry to eat , not to stay ! We knew then that this was going to be good! And we were right!!!!! The gyro with fries that I ordered was unforgettable! The lamb was amazingly tender and the flavors incredible! My husband's veggie burger left him speechless until he was begging for more! The couple that do it all are wonderful people with a true passion and love for good, wholesome, natural foods! How refreshing!

Visited June 2014

Victor, Idaho, United States
“Always good”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family has eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is always good. This is a Mom and Pop business and they may have to close sometimes unexpectedly...so what! I have never been disappointed and highly recommend eating here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Melanie H
Victor, Idaho
“Bummed out :(”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have given Scratch several tries. The food is really top notch. The beverages, great! So good that I really looked forward to breakfast several times but was sorely disappointed when I found them closed when they said they were open. They were unapologetic and explained that they just were not ready to open. This happened twice to my husband and I. The last time I tried Scratch, my friend and I were really looking forward to the outing and sitting outside in the sun with our babies. We walked in to be seated and soon discovered that they do not have high chairs!!! Really?! That sucks! Sorry, but that did it and I won't be trying Scratch again :(

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Morgane V
Denver
“Simply one of the finest Everyday Restaurants in eastern Idaho”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We've eaten here many many times over the last four years. "Scratch"--as in "cooked from scratch"--is our favorite for everyday meals in Idaho's Teton Valley. Located in Victor, ID, it's on the loop of roads that surround The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Head west from Wilson, WY, over the Pass and into downtown Victor. The food is truly exceptional--really fit for special occasions though the ambience is so laid-back and comfortable that one feels he's just sitting at the kitchen table. One can't eat this well for three times the price in most other such establishments. The menu evolves over the year, but the "constant" is quality, no matter what's being served. Not only do locals love this spot. But so do the out-of -town travelers who are known to drive miles extra just to check it out, or to return having already been won over by the great --really great--food, the quirky but tidy ambience, and the kind attention of Chef Will and Jessica, his wife and co-originator of all that draws us back again and again.

• Visited October 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Great food!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stopped at this place on our way to Grand Teton. We didn't plan to go there - just wanted to have lunch somewhere. The food was amazing! I had the greek dish (Chicken souvlaki on pita, field greens, feta, cucumbers, homemade tzatziki). I am originally from Europe and had lots of greek dishes in my life (at restaurants operated by greek people). The one at scratch was the best ever! The ingredients were very well balanced (at many other places the only taste was the tzatziki) and I can confirm that the tzatziki is really homemade, fresh and neither to spice nor to weak. We stopped there again on our way back and it was great again. I can confirm that the service was not that great but the food made this more than up. Can't understand why people only give 2 stars. 4.4 rating at google fits much better. I know this place is remote but when you are around you have to go there!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Scratch? Share your experiences!