“Excellent”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a in the middle of know where gastro pub featuring over 60 beers and a from scratch menu that is sure to surprise and delight you!!
Ogden, Utah
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Everything about this place is great! My girlfriend and I do quite a bit of traveling and definitely consider ourselves foodies. We were here staying in Driggs and made our way around to quite a few of the restaurants in the area. These guys really stood out as our favorite and we ended up back there a couple times. Everything we tried was super fresh and full of flavor and we tried a variety of things on the menu. The Nachos were massive (chips were definitely fresh). The riblets and chicken pot pie burrito were amazing but the yard sandwich was my favorite. Oh and they have a great selection of beers on tap and bottle. It was also nice to have a wait staff that was friendly and helpful . Anyway, we will definitely be back for more this winter. Great!!!

• Visited July 2014

Victor, Idaho
“Great New Menu and Beer Selection”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

As a sheep rancher, I was excited to see the addition of lamb to the new menu at what used to be the Timberline. The lamb ribs did not disappoint. Back in the 70s, this was the go to place for a nice meal. I am glad to see that the new owners have done such a terrific job with the remodel. The beer selection is the best in the valley, featuring regional beers such as SLC's Epic as well as local options from Grand Teton and Wildlife. This is a good place to spend a sunny afternoon sipping beer with friends.

• Visited August 2014
“We were the Victors in Victor, Idaho”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Our Airbnb hostess suggested West Side Yard. Great local PotPie Burrito. More than adequate portion. Local brewery choices as well as regional and imports.
Marissa was excellent....very pleasant, enthusiastic, efficient, friendly....did I mention excellent?

Ridgefield, Washington
“OK place”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we stopped in here for a dinner as we got into the area late one evening. This place is a local's bar. It was very loud and the food choices are few. The bar staff was wonderful and made sure we had what we wanted and better than that we got it when we wanted it. Not any waiting. The food itself was ok, nothing great. Not sure I would return to this place to eat.

• Visited August 2014
slackwater, Owner at West Side Yard, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Country girl, thanks for stopping in and I am glad the bartenders treated you good :) if you were to come back, we do have a whole restaurant side and outside patio dining area that is separated from the lounge area that you would find much quieter than the lounge side. our dining side is actually the busier part so I'm surprised you called us a locals bar, but I get it. I 'm sorry you found our menu limited we have only been open for a couple months and the menu is alway expanding but at this point, We do offer over 28 menu items ranging from braised lamb ribs to fresh made burritos. As far as the food being ok, I respect that, just know that everything we do is from scratch, from frying our own tortilla chips to smoking our own turkey breast, mostly everything is done in house. Hopefully you will return to eat someday and be blown away :). Cheers!
Driggs, Idaho
“Good Food - Bad Service”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I ordered Mary's Little Friends. Amazing Lamb Rib App. Unfortunately, by the time it came out 45 minutes later I had to get it to go. Good thing I didn't put in for a main course too. Apparently they had forgot to put the order in.

They did the right thing by not charging for my drink and offering me free homemade nachos and pico de gallo (also very good and to go). However, they should have told me what was going on versus waiting for me to ask. I'm not sure if by asking they then realized they forgot about me, or if they already knew but was hoping that I wouldn't realize that I had not been served. Either way a disappointing experience.

I had visited several weeks ago with friends and the service was more on it w/Megan and the other servers seemed on their game too. This time, everyone looked green and lost. Its too bad the service doesn't equate to the caliber of food. The quality of the food is the reason for 3 stars versus two.

Accidents happen I guess but if you're not busy it should be easy to recognize someone is sitting there without food. Will not recommend for visiting Teton Valley folk the forum for awhile until I have a better experience.

• Visited July 2014
slackwater, Owner at West Side Yard, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Bluebirdday, I am happy you enjoyed the food and I am sincerely sorry about your service experience. As you know, we've only been open for a couple months and have been much busier than we could have ever imagined. we have been training people non-stop since we started serving food and Kris and I have been there 7 days a week trying to fill in the gaps but unfortunately we weren't able to catch this mistake. We will use this as a learning experience and hopefully your next experience will be more like your first.