“Fun Place to Stop for a Drink and some BBQ”

SmokeHouse BBQ & Saloon
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Wallace
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped to stretch our legs and check out Wallace on our way to Montana. After walking up and down the streets we decided to stop in the Smokehouse and check it out. They offer up a good selection of BBQ and Cajun food as well as some really good local beers and drinks.
I asked for a Bloody Mary and the girl behind the bar said, “I make a pretty good one, but let me get the specialist.” OMG, it is right up there in the top 3 best I have ever had.
We enjoyed the place so much we made a point of stopping again for lunch on the way back to Spokane. I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was tender and juicy. I really liked the Hot BBQ sauce they had in squeeze bottles on the table. The Mac and cheese side was just ok, but the red rice and beans were done right, yummy! My BF had the ribs and they were a little too smoked for his taste and a little dry, but the Huckleberry Margaritas made up for it. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Great old west atmosphere, but it is NOT air conditioned and was pretty crowded at lunch time on the weekend. The staff was very nice and did a great job under pressure.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The smell of eve outdoor smoker pulls you in and got expect it to be a good Q joint, it's not. I ordered a po boy abs it was a andouille sausage on a ciabatta roll, the "Louisiana red beans and rice" was zatarans, the creamy cold slaw was just a stinker station tub. 2 samiches and 2 beers were $42!! I'm a son of Dixie and I know Q, this place may work for all the Cali folks who are up here but it's not a Q joint. Will not be back EVER

2  Thank Idahopitbull
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Nice historic building. Casual wesstern atmosphere, unique deor. Good service. Food was average, for a restaurant that calls itself a smokehouse one would expect the pulled pork to be smoked. Food average. There are better restaurants in this great little town.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here based on TripAdvisor reviews. I got the pulled pork sandwich which I thought was very good and a mojito which was done very well. My son was not a fan of his ribs & I wasn't either. They were heavily smoked which we are just probably not used to. If you like it that smoked, you will love them. Our waitress & other staff were very friendly. One major drawback is that they don 't accept credit which we just weren't prepared for. Luckily, there is ATM close by! All in all, a great stop. I would come again!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

You can not miss this restaurant, it is right on the corner of the main street in a beautiful, old brick building. We got in right when it opened, and were seated promptly by the staff. A great menu to choose from, and lots to look at up on the walls. It is certainly an eating place with character.

The BBQ is delicious. We sat by a window, and could watch the passers-by. Also, watched as the BBQ's were cooking outside alongside the curbs. You could smell the aroma up and down the street. The portions were good, and we used plenty of napkins while we ate.

A friendly place to enjoy a delicious meal while in Wallace.