“Great Find for the Budget Minded”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weiser
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were tired from our day's driving when we hit Weiser and decided to stop. Since the Colonial was listed in the Idaho Tourism Guide, we popped in. Total cost of our room (7/23) for two was less than $45 including taxes. We had a queen sized bed, shower (no tub), mini-fridge and microwave and a color t.v. Really, for just a night's rest what more do you need?

But the most important part is that the room, while not really up-to-date or luxurious, was very clean -- since it's non smoking throughout there were no lingering odors of any kind. They are pet-friendly (we don't have a pet) so I was concerned I might find dog hairs or something but I didn't. They try hard to keep the place, if not top-end, at least spotless.

I probably would've given the Colonial a five-star (given our purpose was just to rest for the night and take a shower after three nights of camping) but for two things:

1 - I showered after my husband; we don't take exceptionally long showers, yet by the time I finished the water was cold

2 - The rooms are air conditioned, but with window units. For my taste, it was a little loud.

So, for a one or two night stop it's a great bargain: clean, neat, with enough space and amenities. I'd stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Keyboardlady
There are newer reviews for Colonial Motel

Reviewed 30 December 2011

They knew I was going to be arriving after dark on a very coled nite and had the temperature in the room very comfortable upon arrival. The owner/manager was very friendly and accomodating. The room was extremely clean and neat. The Motel is well situated in town and was at a very, very reasonable price. I travel often for business and this is the first time I have gone out of my way to post a very good review. You can tell that the owners have spoent a lot of time and money to keep a classic motel looking good and to be clean, comfortable and affordable. I highly recommend this Motel to anyone traveling to or through Weiser, Idaho. I will always try to stay there myself if rooms are avaialble.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 14 September 2011

King-size bed and a spacious room. Good for the low price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jwkChehalis
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is one of those roadside motels that hail from the days before the superchains took over. I was curious as to what I would find, and what I found was a roomy, comfortable and spotlessly clean motel room. The owners were pleasant and accommodating, even going so far as to lend us their personal blow-dryer when we found we forgot our own. For the type of property this is, I cannot imagine our stay being better. - Tawny

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dellastr
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Weiser only offers a few places to stay and we chose the Colonial because of the other reviews. Perhaps it was just the room we were given and even though we were not expecting much, it was far below our minimun expectations. The gentleman who checked us in was not friendly, made us feel that we had interrupted something; his manner was gruff and abrupt in answering our questions. We even asked if we had interrupted something and he said no. He assured us the WiFi was operating (it wasn't); overall front desk experience left a lot to be desired.
Room smelled old, musty and got worse when we shut the one window. Furniture dated, which was okay, however, one of the chairs was not even usable, you felt you would would fall through the chair when sitting down. It reminded me of one of the reviews about the furniture being purchased at a yard sale - this should have been thrown out. Carpet looked dirty and was stained. Curtains had small holes in them; bedding was cheap and very old. Dresser drawers lined with newpaper.
The shower stall was moldly around the outter edges and the shower head was placed about 4 inches from the side wall instead of being in the center, making it so you could not stand directly under the shower head.
Again, we were not expecting a Hilton or even Best Western experience, but we felt that while this motel was old, it could have been cleaner, the furniture more functional; more on the level of what you would find in a Motel 6 or Super 8.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leestrips
motelman, Owner at Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

This is a 3 year old review, but as the owner, felt compelled to respond. A lot has changed here in that time, and then again - a lot hasn't. We recarpet when we need to or can, repaint, get new furnishings, etc. as the need or opportunity comes to us. But the Colonial is still old. :-) That won't ever change. This place was built in the glory days of the "Motor Courts" that dotted the landscape from coast to coast back in the 40's and 50's." Our goal is to try and create a functional blend between old and new. We do our very best to compensate and 'modernize' whenever possible.

'Leestrips: 'We are very sorry your stay didn't pan out as hoped. As far as the "not friendly" goes, that is NOT my normal nature. I can't recall this particular guest, but if I seemed "unfriendly" there is a good chance that it may have been toward the end of one our more busy days. We work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week here. Two of us. We've had 2 vacations of 6 days in a row in 12 years. Sometimes I (we) get a bit tired; sorry about that.

Regarding the Wi-Fi - That is at the very top of my list of amenities that we have. I'm very aware that 'connectivity' is critical for travelers in this day and age.
If the Wi-Fi isn't connecting, PLEASE tell us while you're HERE - not after you've checked out!
It's a very simple fix. All I have to be told is that it is not connecting, and I resolve the issue. (Kinda like eating a meal somewhere and not liking the food; instead of talking to someone while you're THERE, one waits until the next day to WRITE about it??...) Doesn't make much sense.

If there are ANY issues or problems, please Let Us Know!! (Re: "non usable chair...) "It is VERY IMPORTANT to us that we have happy guests, and we work VERY HARD to make things as nice as possible!
Furniture in rooms has been getting changed out (albeit slowly) and upgraded when necessary and/or possible!

Reviewed 20 June 2010

The motel is a little hard to find but well worth the trouble of finding it. Very quiet, Low price.
Good bed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank deserttraveler44
Reviewed 12 August 2009

My best advice is only stay in Weiser if you have to. We were driving from Hell's Canyon and didn't want to drive another hour to get to a bigger town, so decided to stop here. The town is just about void of anything to do or anyplace to eat, at least that we could find. The Colonial Motel is near what is called downtown and looks like it comes directly from the 1950s. Rooms are basic. The only strong point is it is very cheap, I think something like $45 a night. In all sincerity, it isn't worth much more. It is clean and quiet and did the job for us for one night. And for all I know, it may be the best place in town. Try to stay in some other town if you can.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank therman1936
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weiser
Best Western Inn & Suites
#2 of 10 in Ontario
Ontario Inn
Ontario Inn
#5 of 10 in Ontario

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!