“Perfect for what I needed”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
Colonial Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weiser
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Perfect for what I needed”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Because brand-name hotel chains are becoming so expensive, I've been looking for budget mom-and-pop places that have comparable quality.
The colonial motel is a very basic place, but it fit my needs. The room was small but comfortable, the shower worked fine, the Wi-Fi worked fine, the heater worked fine, and the Queen bed allowed me a good nights rest. Also, the colonial is just two blocks from a nice little place to have a beer and a burger for dinner and only another block away from some other restaurants.
The owners are very friendly, and I spent less than $50. Perfect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank TheTimMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Salome, Arizona
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Had ridden a motorcycle for 300 miles, dodging storms all the way. Ran out of luck and sunshine at Weiser. Folks at a bar suggested the Colonial. Sign showed no vacancy, but I squished in anyway. Very nice young couple had a small room without a TV (who cares when you are squishy}? Nice clean, comfortable room at the right price. Nearly everything in town is within easy walking distance. Think I'll try to hit rain there again. Cool town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 0991
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Their sign said "cater to hogs and dogs," but they are much more for a quick stay. We were driving from Reno up to Coeur d'Alene after a convention and decided it was late enough that we had better stop. Had seen their advertising on Hwy 95 and decided to pull in. Nice room at a very nice price. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bimster69
Idaho
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were tired from our day's driving when we hit Weiser and decided to stop. Since the Colonial was listed in the Idaho Tourism Guide, we popped in. Total cost of our room (7/23) for two was less than $45 including taxes. We had a queen sized bed, shower (no tub), mini-fridge and microwave and a color t.v. Really, for just a night's rest what more do you need?

But the most important part is that the room, while not really up-to-date or luxurious, was very clean -- since it's non smoking throughout there were no lingering odors of any kind. They are pet-friendly (we don't have a pet) so I was concerned I might find dog hairs or something but I didn't. They try hard to keep the place, if not top-end, at least spotless.

I probably would've given the Colonial a five-star (given our purpose was just to rest for the night and take a shower after three nights of camping) but for two things:

1 - I showered after my husband; we don't take exceptionally long showers, yet by the time I finished the water was cold

2 - The rooms are air conditioned, but with window units. For my taste, it was a little loud.

So, for a one or two night stop it's a great bargain: clean, neat, with enough space and amenities. I'd stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Keyboardlady
American Fork, Utah
Reviewed 30 December 2011

They knew I was going to be arriving after dark on a very coled nite and had the temperature in the room very comfortable upon arrival. The owner/manager was very friendly and accomodating. The room was extremely clean and neat. The Motel is well situated in town and was at a very, very reasonable price. I travel often for business and this is the first time I have gone out of my way to post a very good review. You can tell that the owners have spoent a lot of time and money to keep a classic motel looking good and to be clean, comfortable and affordable. I highly recommend this Motel to anyone traveling to or through Weiser, Idaho. I will always try to stay there myself if rooms are avaialble.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Alan L
Chehalis, WA
Reviewed 14 September 2011

King-size bed and a spacious room. Good for the low price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jwkChehalis

Travellers are raving about these Weiser hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is one of those roadside motels that hail from the days before the superchains took over. I was curious as to what I would find, and what I found was a roomy, comfortable and spotlessly clean motel room. The owners were pleasant and accommodating, even going so far as to lend us their personal blow-dryer when we found we forgot our own. For the type of property this is, I cannot imagine our stay being better. - Tawny

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dellastr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weiser
Best Western Inn & Suites
#4 of 10 in Ontario
Ontario Inn
Ontario Inn
#5 of 10 in Ontario

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!