“Really, really Great place”

Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Wendell
Cuisines: American
Description: Great home cooking with excellent friendly service & great prices - a very welcome stop for travellers who are tired of the usual fast food chains along the motorways.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When passing through Wendall, ID, a stop here is a must. Or, maybe take a special road trip.

We were moving across country, from MA to OR, and it was time for dinner. Our GPS showed this to be the only place close enough, so we pulled off the interstate. From the outside, the place looked so, so. THe decor on the inside wasn't that great, but the smells were awesome. We decided to take a chance.

And we were pleasantly surprised!

THe staff was very friendly and the service was excellent. The food was, well, EXCELLENT! I had the special for the day - Pot Roast. It included mashed potatoes, green beans, corn bread. They brought out so much food, there was enough for 2 people. It was the best dang pot roast I ever had in a diner.

There are newer reviews for Farmhouse Restaurant

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a favorite place to stop as I travel between southeastern Idaho and Boise. The wait staff are friendly, local people and the restaurant is always full of regulars; sharing meals and stories. I love that small town feeling! The food is decent, hot and good and the location just off the highway is good. I would recommend stopping here if you just want a nice regular meal with good people.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This place always seemed to be busy when we would pass by so this trip we made a point to try it out and we were not disappointed. The food is as the name says old Farmhouse style and they serve plenty of it! The salad bar was well stocked and seemed well kept; it was after 8pm on Thursday but still was in great shape. The mushroom Swiss burger was very flavorful with well prepared mushrooms; and the tuna melt was also well prepared. The tater tots were cooked in the right temperature oil so as not to be greasy or soggy. They have the most fabulous looking pies, but the pretty presentation was a bit deceiving, the whipped cream was cool whip cleverly presented. I will stop again, the service was good and the staff seemed very happy to be there!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I stopped hear a fue days ago and had a wonderfull breakfast and today I had lunch, I would eat hear everyday don't miss this place if you are driving by make sure you stop for a bite...

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place is terrible. They never charge you enough and they always give you way too much delicious food. Yes I was teasing about the terrible part. A gem of a restaurant. Great service and food.