My husband and I stayed at the Carriearl in late March and we are happy to say it exceeded every expectation we had! The beaches were beautiful and completely secluded - we saw one or two other people each day we were there and we spent a lot of time under our beach umbrella reading, snoozing or playing in the water. Angie and Marty are WONDERFUL hosts and they really made the hotel special. I felt like we were staying with friends - they are funny and sweet and made the trip that much better. The food is great, with a big selection and everything is very fresh. We stayed in the Rooster and loved it! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was tidy and it has french doors that open to the pool, so we slept with them open every night and enjoyed the sound of the ocean.
This place is truly unique. The natural beauty is astounding, you feel like you have the entire island to yourself, and there are wonderful accommodations with GREAT food for a reasonable price. AND it's a fairly easy trip from the USA. This little jewel blows the Four Seasons out of the water.
- As many others have said, the Rum Punch is fabulous!! We also recommend the key lime pie, lasagna and hog snapper. Everything is good, but those were out favorites.
- Swim with sting rays - it was wonderful! David and his girlfriend (and all of the staff!) are great. They have a large area closed off and you can swim with and feed the sting rays. They are like kittens - they will brush up against you legs!
- Hire a local to take you out snorkeling for the day on his Boston Whaler. We loved it! He was able to tell us all about the local flora and fauna. This is great for people who are comfortable in the water and have experience snorkeling. WEAR LOTS AND LOTS OF SUNSCREEN!
- Take the bikes out and explore the caves and the old hotel. Really beautiful.
- Enjoy meeting the other dinner guests and chatting with Angie and Marty.
- Grab a beach umbrella, a book and some rum punch and spend the day laying on the beach. Wander around at low tide and collect shells or walk across a sand bar to another little cay.
Thanks, Angie and Marty, for working so hard to create this little piece of paradise! We had a wonderful time and have been singing your praises back here in Arizona! Take care and we hope to see you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carriearl is your antidote to workaday worries, but is only a 20 minute flight from Nassau, and a hour flight from Miami. From the moment you walk in the door you will feel at home. With one of Dronzi's famous Rum Punches in your hand, you will just want to chill round our beautiful freshwater swimming pool and walk our amazing beach, where the only footprints you will see are your own! Owned by 2 'Brits', Angie and Marty, our British Hospitality is reflected in our attention to detail and wonderful International Cuisine. We have a 'Smart, Casual' dress code in the evenings, and we do ask Gentlemen to remove their caps please. ... more less