La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bannockburn
“Our stay”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this location. Staff was AWSOME and our room was too! There is a heated pool, a gym and a play area for the children. Great breakfast too. Will be back again. The location is perfect if you have a student at Trinity university. Easy access to highway and places to eat and shop. We will most defiantly stay at this location again. We have stayed at other locations as well, with the same experience. Thank you....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Madina both checked me in and, three days later, checked me out for my business stay. I have used this motel before and find it to be one of the better in the La Quinta chain. The management seems to emphasize friendliness and helpfulness in their training.

The breakfast is a typical carb fest, nothing hot or prepared. The beds are very comfortable and the business suites are typical couch with desk, a faux arch and the bed area. Flat screen television with the standard selection of channels, but a helpful guide button on the remote so you don't have to channel surf. They have a small store with snacks, toiletries, etc. I was surprised they do not put out hand lotion in the rooms, but plenty of soap and shampoo.

I prefer a heating/cooling unit that allows for continuous fan, one that does not cycle on and off. This property lacks that feature. The lobby and large breakfast area is very comfortable for meeting with one person or a group of people. It is just off of the freeway, so very convenient location.

Lincolnshire is a few miles west and Deerfield is a few miles east. If you want to avoid the crowds and parking in Chicago for your theater experience try the Marriot Playhouse in Lincolnshire. I have seen several plays in this "in the round" venue and always consider the actors to be very professional as well and enjoying the small but very good orchestra.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot. You do not want the back side of the property facing the inte...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hiddenshutter
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just stay here. Best value ever. Huge clean rooms. Nice people. Good area and access to the highway... Couple possible concerns tho... I didn't see any double queen rooms.. Not saying they don't have em.. I just didn't see any. I imagine the couch sleeper must be uncomfortable. There is no eggs or bacon etc at the breakfast. They do have a belgian waffle machine with whipped cream and unlimited oj machine. All and all so very great for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was fortunate to "name my price" and get this hotel for a steal but even if I had paid the full price I would recommend the hotel. Very clean, friendly service, large variety at breakfast, comfortable bed, etc. I had to work and had no problems with the free internet service. I would give it a five except for the noise from the Tri-State Tollway that could be heard constantly. Fortunately I was exhausted when I finally went to bed and once I fell asleep did not wake up from the traffic noise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Noreen C
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We travel with our little toy poodle and this hotel was definitely pet friendly. We were assigned a room close to an exit door which was convenient. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had to head up to a place in Chicago's north suburbs to pick up a few things and meet family, and found a room on Hotwire for $65/night close to the place that I needed to go. Needless to say, it was this La Quinta.

Access from I-94 was extremely easy, and the hotel had plenty of parking. Check-in was quick, even with a bunch of university athletes from Concordia University checking in at the same time. And since it was Halloween, they even had a lot of Halloween candy at the front desk - a fun touch.

I then got to the room (which was actually a suite). It was huge, clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever had in a hotel, and much better than normal for hotels in this category. Wi-Fi was fast and free (the way hotel Wi-Fi should be); I didn't have to use my AT&T connection for anything other than phone calls, though I got a good signal. The bathroom was spotless; apparently this was a handicap room as it had a walk-in shower with handshower.

Breakfast was simple, but effective: cereal, fruit, waffles, coffee/juice, and yogurt. Not many hot offerings unlike Holiday Inn Express or Hampton, but this filled me up for some time to come. There was a pool and fitness center; as my time here was limited, I didn't use either.

Overall, by roadside hotel standards, this was really good. And even by big-city hotel standards, this would still be really good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zachary M
Bannockburn, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I travel for work about 75 percent of the time and stay at hotels all over the north west from ND to IL. The company i work for had "rented" out probably two-three dozen rooms for around three weeks. This hotel has good rooms and a nice hot tub. It is freshly remodeled also. There were two things that bothered me about this hotel though. One was the fact that because we work overnights they put a hold on out house cleaning on hold. This is fine except that we were not informed untill someone asked a week and a half into the stay. The second this (and this is a deal breaker here.) The breakfast was good... the first 3 days. But then they completly stopped the hot food and left only a minnimal breakfast out for the entire hotel. This is in no doubt due to the fact that we get off work and back to the hotel at breakfast time and between the 40 or so people eat quite a bit of the breakfast. But even if the hotel was full of other people they still should not take away the main breakfast and cut back on those services just because we are actually eating the food.

• Stayed November 2013

2 Thank belzace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield? Share your experiences!