“Old favorite revisited”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hart Road
Transit: Barrington Metra 1.5 miles away.
Description: Energizing The Bistro Tradition With Contemporary Flair, Barrington Country Bistro Is The New Bistronomy -- Bistro Cuisine Interpreted For Today's Gastronome.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had not been to the Country Bistro in a while. Seems they have a new chef. The food is not what it has been in the past. The service was alright and our waitress seemed preoccupied with something else. It took us a long time for our first drink. Not the usual service and food from our experience. Would give it another chance.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Every meal I have had here has been great. The chive liver mousse is to die for. Try the eidelberry martini, it is worth it. I also had the guinea hen. For dessert have the brandy Alexander. The cramp in my stomach from the creamy ness was well worth it. We usually go on special occasions and the restaurant just adds to the celebrtion.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I love the food here. I have never been disappointed. I go as often as I can. The salmon is one of my favorites!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I have enjoyed dining at this now mainstay restaurant since it opened. The name says all. It is Barrington's best restaurant. It is Barrington Hills country classy, yet it is a bistro so don't expect the haute cuisine or ambiance of a Michelin-starred restaurant. The staff is friendly and dedicated to making your meal enjoyable. The ambiance is decidedly French, and the decor has been upgraded over time to a level one would expect of a first-rate suburban restaurant. Food quality has been consistent, yet the menu is limited -- typical bistro fare -- pork, lamb, beef and a few seafood entrees. Starters and salads are imaginative, fresh and delicious. The bistro steak and frites are as good as any. Seafood is also fresh and delicious. Deserts are a specialty. A Fixe Prix menu is also available. Prices are a bit higher than other Barrington restaurants, yet very reasonable for the quality and ambiance of this bistro.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly and very professional service. Extensive menu and beverage lists. Food is excellent and a bit pricey. Great place for birthday lunch or dinner.