“It's only Pizza”

Sergio's Pizza
Ranked #42 of 77 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Not a place for dinning in but If you're looking for an average pizza, nothing special but still fills the gut this will work.

1  Thank BcCostaRica
Tonydioguardi, Owner at Sergio's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

"Not a place for dining in" I'm at a loss. Are you sure you were in the right place? We just moved to a new location May 1st, but according to your review you were here in June. When we moved we added five leather booths, five hi-top tables and bench seating for an additional 20 people. We can sit about 50 people comfortably. Big enough so no one gets ignored, yet small enough to still feel cozy. EVERYONE, (except you I guess) has commented on how nice it is and that they'll be dining in more often. I'm curious to get your reply as to why you think dining in is not an option. I'm also curious as to what you regard as "good" pizza. Who are you comparing us to? It'll give me a better idea of why you think are pizza is ...."just pizza". So I appreciate, but am slightly puzzled by your review.

Tony Dioguardi
Owner, Sergio's

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been coming here for a long time for pizza, then I decided to try other items eating in. For one, the wings are the best since the Anchor Inn in Buffalo. Just the right blend of heat and flavor. I recently tried their Carolina style pizza. Thin crust that is great if you're hungry but don't want to feel stuffed. Their ribs are spectacular. I've had ribs from all over the country, East coast style to Southern. These are the best. The price is right and well worth trying. You will be spoiled. They have a fettuccine Alfredo sauce that is light and full of flavor without being too rich. There's more on the menu I can't wait to try!

2  Thank Guy A
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sergio's just moved to a new location a few blocks east and with a larger dining area, and I am happy to report that the pizza and food is as great as ever!

I have been a regular customer for the past few years after discovering this hidden gem. Recently dined in with another couple to check out the new location. The pizza is great - a wide variety of very fresh ingredients - and a choice of many crusts. The menu has BBQ and other Italian staples, including a fantastic eggplant parm which we especially recommend.

Chef Tony knows his pizza. We will return.

5  Thank MidwestFred
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Perfect ratio of sauce to cheese to other toppings which is key!. Very consistent - one of our favorites pizza places in the area. We always do carry out so can't speak to the restaurant or delivery.

1  Thank luv2travel_LJB
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The "charlotte's style" is an extra-thin crust pizza that's the bomb! Great quality cheese, excellent sausage seasonings and NHL games on the TV. Fantastic. Take your out of state pals here to learn what Chicago-Style thin crust, party-square pizza is all about.

I crave this pizza!