Americas Best Value Inn Barrington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
River Inn(Fox River Grove)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdonutsrooms are cleanla mesamicrowavecomfortdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I came here to stay here for a week. I got a descent room but for the money, I would have expected something better. The management is very good at taking the money but that's about it. The area is patrolled by the police and is quiet for the most part with the train depot behind the establishment along with a park and golf course. My only complaint with my room was the bed was sagging and not very comfortable at all especially for the money. The walls were dirty, doors need to be replaced, furniture just absolute garbage. The bathroom was descent but seriously for the money there are better places around than this. The fitness room does not even exist and the cleaning crew is thorough but very unprofessional in a weird way.

Room Tip: get a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Knighttravelmd
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Got this hotel from Expedia.com it said hotel has jacuzzi tub and it does not. Place was nasty, I barely wanted to shower. No fitted sheet on bed and we were sleeping on the mattress by end of the night. Expedia pics are not really what the place is. Expedia did refund me for the night and I went to another hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shwhite01
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I got fooled into paying 4 nights through Hotwire at this hotel. I only stayed the first. My room opened into an alleyway that wasn't lit well enough to feel safe. All the furniture and the carpets are worn out and should have been replaced at least 20 years ago. I think I got 4 hours of sleep while I worried about being broken into while getting woken up by a squeaky door every couple minutes. Stay somewhere else, there are dozens of better hotels within 10 miles, and don't use Hotwire!

Room Tip: Stay on the office side of the hotel if you absolutely have to stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2012

If you like a dirty place with old style tvs, dirty walls and doors, burns in everything and busted up furniture than this is the place for you. WOW do NOT trust the photos. Very Very Loud so don't expect to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This is my first night. Online they advertise 3 nights for the price of 2. Original price is 60 dollars. So for 4 nights take 60 X 3 plus tax. I get there and give my reservation. Desk clerk, an american guy says no reservation. I push it, and then he sees a fax. Turns out online reservations are faxed over. They then have to put it into their computer system. Okay so I figure that is okay. I ask for a quiet room. Guy says he is giving me a room that opens to the outside. He says their are quieter rooms but they cost more because they have been remodeled. Perhaps they should say the special is for the rooms that are not remodeled. Then I go to visit my mom in the rehab. I get back and 1:00 am. Go to my room and hear the air conditioning. Go in and the room is not cool. Air conditioning is going full force but the room is warm. Why. The freaking thing does not work. It must be 50 years old. It is one am. So I go to the desk and ring the door bell. An Indian woman comes. Woke her up. she is nice. I ask for a room where the air conditioning works. She gives me a new room. Turns out it is one of the remodeled rooms. Room has they same type as air conditioning as my other room but there is actually a window air conditioner that works.. Sign on inside says non working air conditioner and says to use the window air conditioner. The remodeled room with the window air conditioner is bascially like a super 8 motel. However, with a super 8 motel I would not have to go through this crap to get a rooom with a working air conditioner. Three more nights to go. We shall see if this review improves.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business