“Great Place Just Out of Downtown”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
jtavessude
“Great Place Just Out of Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Spent St Patrick's Day weekend 2013 here to save a few bucks and get out of the downtown crowd. This is a wonderful place to stay! The property is well maintained, quiet and staff is very helpful. The front desk staff made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived, and had us checked into a clean comfy and spacious room in a jiffy. This marriott property is fifteen minutes from Midway Airport with free parking and shuttle to the train. It doesnt get any better if you have a family of four and want to do a weekend away in Chicago. We really enjoyed the location and were able to get into the city center via the shuttle and train inside of 50 minutes on this very busy weekend. We would have spent more time than that driving and finding a place to park at $20 for each day (ie check out the CTA 3 day pass for $20).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us anf for giving the Residence Inn a great rating! We are a great deal, as you stated, if you do not want to be within the crowds of Chicago but you are near enough to enjoy all that the city has to offer.

I look forward to your return visit.

Maria Middleton Nied

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lancaster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I want to give a shout out to Paige Chodur, this hotel's Operations Supervisor, who was the most friendly hotel staffer I have encountered in my too many to mention hotel stays. When I arrived this past Friday, March 15th, 2013, Paige greeted me and my group with the biggest smile. She checked us in with a co-worker and made sure all are arrangements were set. That is not the remarkable part. During our stay, 4 days, 3 nights, every time I saw Paige she had a smile on her face and a pleasant, always helpful attitude for me as well as anyone else I saw her be in contact with. That is remarkable but not even what prompted me both to tell Paige directly, and tell one of her Managers, but to also right this review, my first. My group and I held an all-afternoon, 3 and 1/2 hour meeting in the lobby area one day and from my seat I could see the front desk area for the whole time. Throughout this meeting, I watched as Paige continued to show every single person and situation she encountered with ease and that great smile. That included: having to move our group out of our meeting room at 1:00 pm so that they could prepare for that afternoon's baby shower in that room; greeting all the baby shower guests as they arrived, including the one guest who arrived in full irish gear (it was the day of Chicago's St. Patrick's Day parade) including a "Kilt" which I have always thought was a Scottish tradition but, I digress; at least two delivery company personnel; a number of non-baby shower related check-ins; and what appeared to be a very persistent guest who kept returning to the front desk area for some unknown reason, at least to me. So I give my first online review to Paige Chodur. Thank you Paige for making my first three day with my new company, yes the first day I arrived was my first actual day with a new company, much calmer for me by being such a positive presence within our Residence Inn Chicago Midway, St. Patrick's Day weekend community. Bravo.

Room Tip: I always like to be on an upper floor away from the hustle and bustle of the front desk and check in...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe F
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for posting an extraordinary review on Paige! She has at least another posting on Trip Advisor and since she has started, I have received many compliments for hiring her. My hope is that my entire staff was accomodating and just as friendly as Paige! She will be recognized for your posting, so thank you!

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I were travelling with 4 other couples and needed a park, stay, and fly near Midway. We'd never flown out of Midway before and just by chance booked 5 rooms at the Residence Inn. Beautiful rooms, clean and well-maintained facility, and a staff that would rival any facility's for friendliness, efficiency, and attentiveness.

Room Tip: All five of our rooms were well-appointed and comfortable. I don't think there is a bad one in...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrequentVacationer11
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn along with your friends! I appreciate the great comments and will be sure to share with my team. I look forward to your return visit when your travels bring you back to this area.

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have always stayed at Residence Inn as a Silver elite member, and once again chose this hotel while in Chicago over all the others. As usual, good room, space, excellent breakfast, but Paige, who is the hardest working, happiest Marriott employee I have ever met, compelled me to write the review. Feeling very low after dropping my son off, she impressed me so much with her can-do attitude, NEVER ENDING SMILE, and warmth, I got back to being myself again. People are always the biggest asset in the hotel business, because the physical facilities mean little without the human touch. Thank you Paige, thank you Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DJF1955
Thank you for taking the time to single out Paige. She is incredible and she receives many outstanding guest comments. I am glad that she was able to make your stay better and memoreable!

East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Excellent. Clean, comfy and smells great. Breakfast is fresh and varied. Staff is friendly and professional. I stay here regularly when traveling for business. Lots of places to go eat right within walking distance. I recommend this hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for the 5 star rating and recommending the hotel! Our goal is to make all of our guests feel as if this hotel is their home away from home. I appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and this will be shared with the staff!

Thank you!
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was my first time in Chicago and I was just looking for a nice place to rest for a couple days. Happy to discover I made a good choice. There were no additional charges for parking or internet, then again I reserved through Orbitz and it was rather high so maybe they were included in the room rate. The front desk guy was nice enough, but the bellman ran outside to use his cellphone as soon as I entered. Fortunately I prefer to move my own bags, but him chatting away, completely ignoring me without even an offer of assistance bugged me. He was the low point of the stay.

My room was great, when I walked in it smelled good. Not perfumey or toxic with cleaners. Just good. It had a full size refrigerator in a very clean kitchen. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The tables and the light switches were clean (which I am picky about). The bed and pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. I took a great hot shower and ordered delivery from TGIF. Even the delivery guy was nice and the food was Delicious! (I tried Coach's the next day and I would not recommend.) The flat screen was large (No HGTV)and I could connect my camera and laptop to it. I could hear voices next door but only when I was in the kitchen and the people were not loud. I have stayed in several Marriott brands since this one and none of them come close. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
I appreciate the time you took to provide feedback stemming from your stay. I am curious is you have the right hotel as we do not have bellman on property since we are a select service hotel and from your comments, this was the low point of your stay.

The comments regarding cleanliness and the staff are always appreciated and I would not want to take credit if you were referring to one of the other properties at the Midway Complex.

If you would like to discuss this, I can be reached at 708-458-7790.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Chicago, and this was by far the best hotel experience to date. This will be our hotel of choice next time we visit Chicago. We had been traveling all day and were exhausted by the time we arrived. We were greeted by your outstanding front desk staff. THe room was incredible and the bed was just what was needed after a long day. The hotel staff was top notch all the way around! You won't go wrong with staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor couldn't even tell others were in the hotel with us.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for the great review and especially mentioning that this is your hotel of choice when you are in Chicago. The entire staff does their best to make each of our guests feel welcomed and we know that we are successful when our guests come back.

We love forward to your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#111 of 187 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!