“Close to 3rd World experience”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Check in was very friendly and efficient. Check out too. That is the only good thing I can say.
The elevator was dirty, our room smelled of mildew, there was mildew in the shower curtain. The bed and pillows could not have been more lumpy and uncomfortable. And the airport noise, wind noise, honking trucks, train horns...I am serious, I got 2 hours intermittent sleep. There was even a very sharply bright blinking green flashing light on the smoke alarm to be the cherry on too of this s&&&-sundae. The breakfast was indescribably bad. I've had powdered eggs before but here the SAUSAGES tasted powdered. The shuttle ride was timely but felt like being in the back car of a rickety roller coaster, truly jarring. I really am not a hotel snob, and I travel a lot. This was truly one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Thank goodness the desk person was so nice and friendly, and thank goodness I only had to stay 1 nt.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I truly apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I assure you this experience is not the norm of the hotel, and I will use your feedback to improve immediately. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have a chance to serve you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at 4 different Marriotts during our recent trip and this was the best in its category. In particular we appreciated the front desk lady Liz, who was tireless attending to our various requests and faxing needs. The room was immaculate and breakfast was great. The shuttle comes every 20 mins to the airport, and from there we can take CTA downtown. The only reason I couldn't rate it 5 stars is due to the AC, which isn't whisper-quiet. However that didn't bother our sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the feedback and the kind remarks about the hotel & staff. I have posted your review for the entire team to see, and will give special recognition to Liz.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for one night. Front desk staff was very genuine, friendly and welcoming. The one bedroom is roomy and the king bed was very comfortable. WIFI was included and worked well overall. Free breakfast which included a lot of choices (hot and cold) Also had a "happy hour" in the evening with TexMex style food. I like having the Market in the lobby that offers, snacks, drinks, and some dinner options that I heated up in the room. My room was very quiet considering it's an "airport" hotel. Complimentary Shuttle to the airport runs every 20 minutes and the driver to and from were both awesome. This is a great location as there are lots of options for dining (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, TGI Friday's right there, and Giordano's a couple of blocks away). I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate the kind remarks about the hotel and staff. It is always wonderful to hear that our amenities were suitable to your needs while in Chicago. Thank you so much for your business! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Did not expect such a friendly staff since the majority of their guests are like me--just staying for a night to be close to the airport for an early flight. When the phones in my room did not work, I was promptly reclocated with their help to another room. They have a happy hour and the front desk person invited me in such a genuine way. Summing it up: great staff, large, clean rooms, and convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway! I am thrilled to learn that your experience exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate the kind words about the hotel & staff. I have posted your review so the entire team can see it. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Midway!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Fabulous studio. Great kitchen area with refrigerator, two burner stove and abundant utensils. Nothing negative to say. The room was clean, comfortable bed with a couch chair and coffee table, One table to eat on and a nice working desk. Free Wifi and breakfast

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that the amenities were suitable to your needs while in Chicago. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post this review, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

When we checked into the Residence Inn Chicago Midway on 10/5/13, the front desk person (I don't recall her name) was as about as indifferent as you can get. She didn't say much to us at all, just gave us our room keys...no directions to the elevator, reminder about breakfast, enjoy your stay...nothing.

The next morning, the day shift staff turned it around and reminded us what kind of customer service we expect from Marriott brands hotels. Liz and Gaby were phenomenal in the breakfast bar area, meeting customer requests and cleaning up to insure a clean dining space for all guests.

CJ (I'm not completely sure of her name. When I asked her for names so I could write a review, she told me it was her last Sunday and to just list Liz and Gaby...in fact, when I gave her the paper to write the names down, she didn't write her own name down). This front desk staff person was friendly and personable and offered suggestions for this and future visits to Chicago. I hope she is going to another Marriott property, she's a keeper employee!

We normally stay a little closer to the city when we are in Chicago, but the nicely sized and appointed rooms along with lots of free parking may make this our Chicago home away from home on our many visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn! We truly appreciate the compliments about the staff. Liz, Gaby & CJ are very grateful, and I have taken your review and posted it for the team so they each can be properly recognized. It was very nice of you to take time from your busy day to complete ths review. Thank you for your business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is one of the nicer Residence Inns we've stayed in - it is relatively new (or at least looks so) and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean, quiet, and roomy. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There is a free courtesy shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from the hotels in the area to the airport and there is a El stop (Orange Line) at the airport that takes one straight into downtown (the loop). We found this to be very convenient. Breakfast was free and was somewhat better than other free breakfasts we've had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that the amenities were comfortable and convenient. It is great to hear that you were able to utilize our convenient 24 hour shuttle. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!