Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
All reviewshotel complexrental car facilityfront deskbasketball courtother hotelsfull size fridgemanagement stafffree shuttlelate flightmarriott brandfree breakfastkids enjoyed the poolevery employeewould highly recommend staying hereseparate bedroomcorner suitenice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Beautiful room that seemed really new. Full kitchen with glasses and dishes/utensils plus separate kitchen area, living room and bedroom/bath. Great bedding and very comfy bed. There was a free hotel shuttle to the airport where you could get catch a train to go downtown. Breakfast was just ok. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the high rating and compliments. I will be certain to post your review for the team to see. It is great to know that our amenities were suitable to your needs while in Chicago. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Mariott at Chicago Midway in first week of October. Though it is a long stay hotel, I stayed for only 2 days while I was there for business.

Its a decent hotel, with breakfast and evening snacks included the room fare. The reception staff is friendly and very helpful. The hotel has a small swimming pool, a gym, and the rooms are equipped with kitchenette, fridge, microwave.

For a short business traveler the kitchen is of no use, but a good work table would do and I found that lacking here. The table is small and right as you enter the room.

The toilets need upgrade too.

Otherwise a fine place to stay. If you have to stay here, kindly ask for rooms on the higher floors, my room unfortunately was on the ground floor with no view.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the high marks and the compliments about the hotel & staff. We also appreciate the feedback regarding the table and the toilets. We can always use guest feedback to help improve the hotel. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Check in was very friendly and efficient. Check out too. That is the only good thing I can say.
The elevator was dirty, our room smelled of mildew, there was mildew in the shower curtain. The bed and pillows could not have been more lumpy and uncomfortable. And the airport noise, wind noise, honking trucks, train horns...I am serious, I got 2 hours intermittent sleep. There was even a very sharply bright blinking green flashing light on the smoke alarm to be the cherry on too of this s&&&-sundae. The breakfast was indescribably bad. I've had powdered eggs before but here the SAUSAGES tasted powdered. The shuttle ride was timely but felt like being in the back car of a rickety roller coaster, truly jarring. I really am not a hotel snob, and I travel a lot. This was truly one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Thank goodness the desk person was so nice and friendly, and thank goodness I only had to stay 1 nt.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I truly apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I assure you this experience is not the norm of the hotel, and I will use your feedback to improve immediately. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have a chance to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at 4 different Marriotts during our recent trip and this was the best in its category. In particular we appreciated the front desk lady Liz, who was tireless attending to our various requests and faxing needs. The room was immaculate and breakfast was great. The shuttle comes every 20 mins to the airport, and from there we can take CTA downtown. The only reason I couldn't rate it 5 stars is due to the AC, which isn't whisper-quiet. However that didn't bother our sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the feedback and the kind remarks about the hotel & staff. I have posted your review for the entire team to see, and will give special recognition to Liz.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for one night. Front desk staff was very genuine, friendly and welcoming. The one bedroom is roomy and the king bed was very comfortable. WIFI was included and worked well overall. Free breakfast which included a lot of choices (hot and cold) Also had a "happy hour" in the evening with TexMex style food. I like having the Market in the lobby that offers, snacks, drinks, and some dinner options that I heated up in the room. My room was very quiet considering it's an "airport" hotel. Complimentary Shuttle to the airport runs every 20 minutes and the driver to and from were both awesome. This is a great location as there are lots of options for dining (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, TGI Friday's right there, and Giordano's a couple of blocks away). I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate the kind remarks about the hotel and staff. It is always wonderful to hear that our amenities were suitable to your needs while in Chicago. Thank you so much for your business! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!