“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Port Byron, IL
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel! Very clean and the staff was so friendly. The exercise room was very nice. The breakfast was good and the eating area sunny and clean. The manager personally asked if there was anything we needed. Such a nice touch. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScubaKMF
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the tie to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high rating and the compliments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Margaret Dye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and I booked this property to attend a funeral. Great location and easy access. The breakfast was good nothing spectacular. A very clean property with a friendly staff. The one bed room studio is a little small for 4 ppl. ( one of the 4 ppl was a 5 yr old) The sleeper sofa takes up a lot of space. $199.00 rate for a Sunday stay was a little pricey. We stayed on points Friday and Saturday. The pillows are not good and the sleeper sofa is terrible! There are other locations in the same complex with dining options.

Room Tip: Get two rooms if there are 4 or more.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We needed a hotel for one night that offered the park, sleep, and fly option when traveling out of Chicago Midway. The hotel is located within a complex a short distance from the Midway airport. Several hotels are within this complex location and the shuttle is shared amongst these area hotels. Despite being a shared shuttle service, the shuttle was prompt and provided fast service between all the hotel pick-ups/drop-offs and the airport. Parking at the hotel is not overly generous, however, we were able to find a spot to leave our vehicle for our 10 day trip. There is not a convenient area to park for check-in purposes, like there is at other hotels, but this was not a major issue. It feels safe when in this hotel complex area/location. The area appears to have lots of activity in the daytime and evening, so we always felt safe. There were some areas a few miles away from here that seemed shady though; thankfully we only passed through those areas. Shuttle pick-up from the airport was very easy once we found the location where we needed to wait. They ran on a scheduled rotation, I believe every 15 or 20 minutes.

The lobby is very welcoming with a large fireplace. There is a small convenience area where you can purchase snacks and drinks located next to the front desk. The breakfast dining area is located in the lobby area and had plenty of seating available when we were there. Breakfast area was kept very clean with a worker standing close by attending to spills and refilling the options that were low. The breakfast options included several hot and cold items; having a wider variety of options compared to many of the free continental breakfasts that hotels offer.

The rooms were quite spacious and clean. Our group had 2 king-sized rooms/suites. The main area of the room includes a small kitchenette area with a large sized refrigerator, sink, microwave, and other kitchen items. There is a table for dining, a work table, and a sofa which opens to a bed, and 2 chairs to watch television. The 2nd area includes the bed and has a door that can be shut between the rooms. The bathroom is located in the bedroom area and has the mirror/sink open to the room with the toilet and shower/tub in a separate room. Again, all of these areas were clean. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of pillows. Toiletries and blowdryer available.

In general, we would stay here again, although the price of the room seemed pretty exorbitant. I suppose that's what one has to pay in this area though considering people need places to stay for vacation - they can get premium prices based on need.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank upnorth_wi
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate the high rating and compliments. We are grateful for your business, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was staying one night at the hotel to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately I had my one night stay with a waste of over an hour dealing with something that should have been corrected in a different way. I had checked in and went up to my room seeing it wasn't the room I had booked. So I then called the front desk and explained the lady then told me she would take a look and call me right back 30 minutes passed by, finally I just called back and I guess that lady had left and didn't even acknowledge the mistake or care to. So then I had to explain the situation again and was asked to come down to show the email conformation because in there system it said i had the room I was in booked. Even thought I clearly paid more money for a bigger room! So I went down there and this is when i became even more mad. I had one person in front of me after that i discussed and show the lady the conformation and she agreed I was to have a different room well then she told me they were completely sold out. However she then told me to wait a minute so she could see what she could do. So she helped someone that came in but then it became all she did she had helped about 15 people before even making any effort to help I stood there for a little over an hour even my friend that was in the room was becoming angry saying they would come down. I think she should have helped me and not every person that showed up. Then to top it off she couldn't do anything at all except give me the rate difference why did she make me stand there at all? I couldn't believe after wasting over an hour and half of my time which I was only staying one night that is all they could do. I believe I was treated unfairly and I shouldn't have had to stand there and waste my time watching this lady check people in. At that point I just wanted my money back completely I don't think I would stay here again if they can't treat a person staying with more respect especially only for one night wasting my time which I didn't have a lot of !!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michelle K
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and will use the information to improve on your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at this property last year. I think we've found our travel spot whenever we travel to Chicago. Besides being in a different sized room, the bed was comfortable after a long day of traveling. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks and compliments. We are so glad you continue to choose our location for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago!

Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

He service is outstanding. They take care of your needs, provide great care and room cleaning. The exercise room is small but operational. The breakfast is standard fare, and the dinners that are provided are sufficient if your looking for a free meal. Great place for extended stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks and compliments. I will share your review with the staff and recognize them for their efforts. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My father has been staying here for years, and has always raved about the staff and quality of facility. My entire family went in December for a weekend and wholeheartedly agree. The management team introduced themselves to us because they recognize my dad as a loyal guest, and we were treated like family. I was most impressed that I noticed this was the norm--people were made to feel so welcome. The rooms are spacious and clean and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks, and compliments about the hotel and staff. I will be certain to share your review with the entire team. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!