“Very pleasant stay”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great stay. Special shout out to Eric. He went above and beyond for us. Also, the always available ice water in the lobby is great. The hide a bed was kind of uncomfortable. When we complained, Eric personally supplied cushioning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'll start by saying that I booked this hotel through priceline for $79/a night! It was listed as a regular queen room, so I didn't expect to have a fridge or anything of that sort! When I checked in I was greeted by a very sweet young lady who promptly checked me in and answered all my questions about the train system and Chicago in general. When I walked in to my room, I was blown away! Complete suite with a king bed, living room area and full kitchen (granite and everything!) I slept like a dream!
The next morning I woke up and headed down to the breakfast area and again BLOWN AWAY! I couldn't haven't gotten a better breakfast had i went somewhere and paid for it!! Bacon, eggs, hashbrown casserole(that was AMAZING!), toast, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, even hot tea if you so desired! Afterwards I hopped on the FREE shuttle that the hotel provides to the airport, where I took the train downtown! My room was cleaned and smelled wonderful when i returned that night!
Just to round out this review I will say that it would've been nice if breakfast had started a little earlier on Saturday (it doesn't start until 7:30, 6 on weekdays) since i had to be downtown by 8 and missed it. No worries though I will stay here every time I come to Chicago!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the kind review and high rating! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stop over and waiting for my next flight. The hotel provided curtesy transportation to and from the airport. Free breakfast, large clean room.and the management staff was friendly. The kitchen area was small with the amount of people at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high rating and we are grateful for your feedback! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel looks new, very clean, staff friendly. Rooms very nice, large. Somewhat hard to find since it's behind the Holiday Inn with many other Marriott properties. They do all connect with drives so enables you to drive from one to the other without going back to Cicero St.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for the positive rating and feedback. We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon!
All the best,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel, for visiting Chicago.
The hotel is hard to find...this is a large area with 10 hotels, the Residence Inn is hidden at the back of the area.
There is 2 restaurants in the area : a T.G.I Friday's and a sport bar.
The room is very large, with a complete kitchenette, table with 2 chairs, couch, armchair, king bed, etc.
Some furnitures are worn, but the room was clean.
The hotel is very well equipped, with a lounge, pool, BBQ, fire pit
The hotel is about 30 minutes in car from Chicago downtown, but you can park your car at the Midway subway station (5 minutes from the hotel / 5-7$ per day) and take the subway to the loop (3$).
The last night there was a family party next of our room, a lot of noise and door slamming until 3:00-4:00am... We called the reception, they were supposed to send the security but no change.

In conclusion, I greatly appreciated my stay at this hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the high rating and compliments! We are very grateful for your feedback and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and two children missed our connecting flight and needed a room at midnight. I believe it was Christine who was manning the front desk, and though they did not have a room available, she checked around all over the area in order to find us a room. She was a terrific help, and very calm even though we were at our wits end since it was past midnight and no rooms available nearby and we needed to be back at the airport at 6am. She did find us a room, and was even thoughtful enough to give us toothbrushes and toothpaste since our luggage was not with us. She also called a taxi for us, and when that one was running late, she called another taxi. Even though it was a trying night for us, we are thankful we had Christine to look out for us. Thank you for being so kind and caring.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank john a

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and high rating! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
All the best,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I write this review (one of 167 so far) with some trepidation, since these reviews serve not only to warn other guests of the pitfalls of a particular property, but also in the hope that management will take the responses to heart and respond. The manager at this property seems to be very evasive in her responses, rather than accept ownership of the shortcomings. That always gives me pause.
I booked this hotel because almost everything in the city was full - I had no idea there was some concert going on in Grant Park all weekend - and Midway was the best we could find.
So, to echo many of the other reviewers, the beds are creaky and worn ... but not a deal breaker. The train yard is loud and annoying, but well outside of the control of the hotel, the Shuttle service to Midway and the Orange Line is horrible (shared shuttle with all the hotels in this complex).
What management could do differently is have enough staff to meet the needs of a full hotel - and they don't. The corner-cutting shows. The breakfast was poorly stocked, plates were not replenished (someone made mention of paper plates, I had to eat my sausage out of a styrofoam BOWL). Finally, although I'm only Silver, I am in this hotel for four nights, I would hope that the staff would recognize that and put us in a room opposite the rail yard. That didn't happen. You will have to be proactive and ask.
In summary, unless I was simply connecting at Midway for a quick overnight, I would be sure to avoid this -- and all hotels in the Midway Hotel Plaza -- again.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from the railyard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay, and assure you we take guest feedback very seriously. All of your concerns have been noted and will be addressed immediately. We are available to assist our guests in any way we can so please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of further assistance.
Thank you for your feedback and for your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#117 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!