Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
“Not bad”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The room would've had to been much cleaner if I was there longer then 1 day.it didn't look like the vacuum had been run thoroughly and the was an orange spot that looked like dried food on one of the headboards. Wasn't there long enough to complain. Everything else from check in to check out was fine.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank cx3wilson
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Had a quick overnight stay here. The cab from Midway didn't even know of its location. It's not in the cluster of Midway hotels on the main strip. It's further down the road. There's a lot around it then there's nothing around it. That is, there's a Costco Target and car wash but no quaint bar, restaurant or even fast food joint. Staff were nice but nit very helpful. Breakfast is grab a granola bar, apple and coffee and go. There's no sit down area or even a lobby for that matter.

With that being said, the room was clean and the price was exceptional. So if toy want a quick no frills stay, then go for it but if you're seeking a multi day stay while on vacation, pay a little extra and go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ChicagoBizDude
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 27 March 2013

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Staying at this hotel for business has been a fantastic experience now that the hotel has been remodeled...a fantastic staff and a great location with numerous restaurants within walking distance!

Another hotel definitely on the upswing! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Bob B
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Amboy, Illinois
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here the night before I flew out of town. Very nice and clean room. Room had a full kitchen (which I wasn't expecting). Free Wi-Fi in the rooms, free parking while you are out of town, great quick breakfast. Cab ride to Midway International Airport was $10.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Josh C
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Everything went perfectly and the coffee was fantastic!! The customer service was acceptional and the employees were all very considerate and polite. The elevator seemed a little sketchy because it creaked and groaned a little. We did not spend too much time inside, but our experience was much better than it would have been if we'd stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank JBirkhofer
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 19 February 2013

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 February 2013

A nice place to stay since the renovation. I had stayed before that and it was ok. I stay in alot of hotels and I am very critical of alot of things when it comes to staying at hotels. This is a much nicer hotel now, than what it used to be. Very cozy, nice beds, wide shower curtains and a continental breakfast. The staff I met ,Marissa and Larry were great to deal with as well..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M E
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The staff is AWESOME more than accomodating, and extremely helpful.
The room are clean , clean bathroom ,
And a nice T.V . ( guy thing LOL ),and nice bed ,JUST AWESOME STAY !!!!
Again home away from home .....
HIGH CLASS HOTEL .... LOW CLASS
PRICE !!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Moorelove777
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#142 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway? Share your experiences!