“Newly renovated?”
Review of Dempsey's Lounge

Dempsey's Lounge
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Enjoy a terrific menu while catching up on the day's news and sports, or engage in spirited conversation in this newly renovated restaurant. Whatever your intent, Copper Fox Midway is a comfortable place to either work or relax.
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We visited this restaurant in the Marriot Hotel, Bedford Park near Midway airport on 22nd September 2016. I am assuming it has been fully renovated very recently as the photos here do not reflect the contemporary look of the place. A much improved, light and airy style in comparison.
(Whilst there is a small direction sign in the lobby with 'Dempseys' on it, we were told that 'Dempseys' is longer in existence?)
The new carpet needed a good vacuum, but I have nothing but praise for the food and service. Our genuinely friendly server suggested we Brits tried the 'grits'. They were good. The Malbec red was very pleasant.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The food was excellent. Service was a little slow. We ate dinner after our arrival and breakfast before the shuttle pick up for the airport.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Worst steak filet ever in my entire life! I should have gone to Giordannu's

My last visit here for sure. Asked for a medium rare and got well done had to wait another 30 minutes for my plate. Once I got it beurk!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Since the Irish restaurant is no more they still serve food in the lounge/bar and every meal was excellent! The whole menu will be replaced with nothing carried over. The pistachio crusted rack of lamb was one of my best ever and since I am 60 and have been eating lamb my whole life, that speaks volumes! The new "Gastropub" concept should be interesting.

Service is great, drink prices reasonable and this is an overall nice place to relax.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Good food, understaffed, weird decor but sort of upscale. By nature of a busy hotel and location of hotel near midway airport, pretty busy at dinner. Butter for dinner rolls served frozen. Filet very good.

Been to Dempsey's Lounge? Share your experiences!