“A diamond in the Midway area”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I missed the last flight home during a recent trip to Chicago and had to quickly find a hotel near the airport. I called into Hilton reservations and they were able to quickly get me a reservation at the HGI Midway. Room rate was very competitive given it's Chicago. A free multi-hotel shuttle picks up passengers from Midway to several hotels in the Midway area. If you have to stay in the Midway airport area, I highly recommend staying that HGI.

The front desk staff were very helpful and welcomed me as I stepped in. I also had dinner in the in-hotel restaurant and the staff there were very friendly as well. I had the salmon with bok choy & wild rice and it was actually very good. The room nicely appointed and clean. The only complaint was that the thermometer was a bit finicky to adjust.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi There! Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry that you missed your flight home but I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you had the chance to use our complimentary shuttle to the airport and that you tried our restaurant, we do have great dishes. Thank you very much for the kind words about the hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is great for an overnight airport stay or early/late flight. The staff is very friendly! Room and hotel appeared to be very clean. I wouldn't stay here for a vacation, but if you want to that's great too! The rooms could be more updated/modern to be more competitive with other hotels. Check-in and Check-out was very simple! The Airport shuttle is very efficient!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Paul! Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel; we appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle to the airport. The shuttle is very efficient and handy. I am also happy to see that the check in process was efficient; we want our guests to get in the room quickly so they can relax. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great staff, great food , great rooms, great amenities, great business area, great pool, great exercise area. Staff went above and beyond to recommend food in area for our 40th anniversary. Overall appearance of staff and hotel was exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hi There! Happy Anniversary! I am happy to know that you really enjoyed your anniversary at our hotel. There is a great variety of delicious food around here and I am glad you had the chance to try some of them. Thank you very much for the kind words about the hotel and the staff. We hope to see you here again in the future!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great access to the airport, the shuttle was on time and clean - took about 10 minutes to get to the airport at 7:00 am. Restaurant was nice on site, adequate food choices, great room, clean, neat, comfortable. Arrived at 12 and the room was not ready but they quickly made a room available for us. Super nice and allowed us to use the pool while we were waiting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hi Catherine! Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the pool while you waited for your room, we do try to accommodate the early check ins as much as we can. Our shuttle is a great method of transportation to and from the airport, it is always on time and it is free of charge. I am happy to see that you took advantage of our onsite restaurant; we do have some great dishes. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here on 31 October and 1 November 2013. I was driving, but no problem finding the hotel. Very friendly lady at the front desk who checked me in with no issue. They had luggage carts in front, so I unloaded quite a few banker boxes and took them to my room.

Room was clean and quiet. Although there is a train yard nearby, you could not hear it from the room. Bed was comfortable.

Internet connection in the room was a bit slow but it worked. There is a problem with the TV loading for pay movies, but at $15 a movie, I was not that interested in them anyway. Regular TV stations OK.

I normally do not like paying the $15 a night parking charge, especially when most of the lot is empty, but in this case it was worth it. I saw at least two security men driving around in white cars all night--at least I think they were all night since they were there when I went to bed and still there when I got up at 4 AM. So they were doing their job when with most hotels, I think no security is really being provided. The front desk said they had no problems with break-ins in any case, probably due to the security.

Check-out is done in advance and put under the door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hi There! Thank you for writing a review on our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our security team does patrol the parking lot all night to make sure everything is in order. Our goal is to make sure everyone that stays with us receives great service and has a clean and comfortable room to sleep in, and I am glad we provided you with both. We hope that you enjoyed Chicago and we cannot wait to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good Stay Staff was good I eat at the resturant and was good----Breakfast was very good as well. I would recommend this hotel if you are there for business or pleasure, close to many attractions. Close to airport for picking up and dropping car off was easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi David! Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you used our free shuttle to and from the airport to get on the train to go downtown or when you needed to pick up and drop off your rental car. I am glad you had a chance to eat at our restaurant, we do serve some great dishes. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have chosen this Hilton Garden Inn for most of my trips to Chicago. It is easy to get to from Midway airport and is a little less expensive than staying downtown since the parking is free.
HGI has always been clean and helpful, consistent and comfortable the many times I've stayed.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gabriela R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi There! Thank you very much for the kind words about our hotel. I am glad we are your go-to hotel when you come to Chicago. The proximity to the airport and the free shuttle we provide do make it easy to get to the airport at any time of the day. I am glad that you were able to use our complimentary parking, all of our Diamond and Gold Hilton Honors members have that privilege while staying with us. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!