“Very Good One-Night Stay Experience”

Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My family, which includes 2 small children and an infant, stayed in this location at the conclusion of a family trip the night before our flight back home. It is located just a few blocks away from Midway Airport and the hotel has a courtesy shuttle to the airport, which is exactly what we needed in this instance. We didn't really occupy the room long enough to provide a complete review of this hotel, but our experience was good overall.

Hampton Inns are my favorite hotel chain. In my opinion, they offer the most value for the price. They are slightly more expensive than several other chains, but they rarely reach the level of "luxury prices", and you can't beat the cleanliness, amenitities, and perks they offer, which usually come in the form of free breakfast, evening snacks/appetizers, and occasionally even free beer. This location offered a free continental breakfast, but our flight was too early to take advantage of it.

The room had two double beds and a nice bathroom that was either newly renovated or extremely well-kept. We only occupied the room for about 10 hours, enough to get dinner at nearby McDonalds (which I don't recommend) and get a few hours of shut-eye before our flight. The one downside that keeps me from giving this a 5-star review was difficulty in getting hot water. My children took baths around 6 pm, but the best we got was lukewarm, even after letting it run for a while. I showered before our flight in the early AM. The shower was lukewarm again at first, but eventually warmed up to hot.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in a bad neighborhood, but so is Midway Airport, which is the reason you'l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello Ryan, We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. I’m very pleased to see that your family enjoy our hotel and took advantage of our amazing amenities. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of staying in one of our new renovated rooms.

I apologize for the inconvenience for the water and I can imagine the frustration. We have addressed the matter with our maintenance team. I can be sure that this will not happen again. Thank you taking the time to let me know we greatly appreciate it. As it helps us develop and maintain this hotel. I hope your travel plans bring you back. We would love to have you again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Overbooking -- was asked to relocate when I checked in at 9:30pm No television service throughout stay. Seriously? Room was nice but HVAC was extremely noise. Meeting room staff was very good. Reception staff was good. Hot breakfast food was cold --- and vice versa.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan M

I would first and foremost like to let you know how much we appreciate the response regarding your recent stay with us, and thank you for your business. Without quality feedback from valued guests like you, we would be unable to grow and improve our overall service in the future. Here at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway, we pride ourselves on perfection, as well as 100% guest satisfaction, and I was seriously concerned to learn how you rated your past stay. As we constantly striving to improve ourselves as a hotel, we consider any rating below the level of a 3 stars as unacceptable on our behalf, and I would to take the time sincerely apologies for this lapse in service.

Again, I apologies for the issue; please contact me personally if I maybe of further assistance to you.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel was a perfect place to stay after a long day in the city to be ready for my morning flight. The room was comfortable with a chair for relaxing and a nice desk set up for working. The free breakfast was fast with healthy options. it was great to be so close to the airport for the next leg of my trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hello Pamela,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. I'm very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our complimentary breakfast is defiantly one of a kind. Also, Hampton is currently in the process of updating and adding new products to their breakfast. I hope your travel plans bring you back to Chicago as we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed for two nights as tourists, just to see Chicago and its art. We chose the hotel on proximity to the airport we were leaving from, and on price. It all worked out very well, most comfortable bed and no problem with the mentioned renovation work. Best bit for us was the free shuttle to and from the airport and, in our case, the Orange line into the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. I’m glad to see that everything was great with the comfortness of bed to the renovation not disurbing you. Thank you for your business and I hope you get a chance to see our newly remodeled rooms.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Price was right for others in the area. Free Hotel shuttle was another reason
But Internet was slow. TV service kept stalling also .. Frustrating if you want to watch.
Rooms a little warm - windows don't open. Large sitting area with fireplace. Good breakfast area

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. Thank you for your business and I hope you get a chance to see our newly remodeled rooms.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Came in for work on a weekend. The hotel was under construction. I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms, great workspace and very comfortable room overal. Front desk staff was very knowledgeable of the area nad had perfect suggestions for dinner and transportation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms they're very nice. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I picked the Hampton for it's park, stay and fly program. When I checked in, the clerk said to park anywhere. When I checked out, the morning clerk said to park in the back and she gave me a pink ticket to display on my dash noting the day of return. Minor inconvenience, but the night clerk needs to be more informed of where to park when parking for several days.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. The park, stay and fly package is defiantly worth its money. With the complimentary hotel parking and complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. It's very convenient.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Chicago Marriott Midway
#114 of 191 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!