“Almost Like Being Home”

Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hampton Inn Hotel brand has created a place that no matter what city we are staying in, we feel like we have reached a place that is comfortable, clean, and almost like being home - while we are away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Maggie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello Todd,
Thanks for your review! I’m glad our property lived up to the brand standards you’ve come to expect. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a one night stay after flying in to Midway, Chicago. The free shuttle was easy to find and was picking up passengers as I approached. A few stops later and I was at my hotel. Hotel and room were both clean and tastefully decorated. Restaurants nearby made a late night dinner very easy to acquire. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was basic.
What more do you need? I took the food back to my room where I watched the morning news.
My friend picked me up from the InterContinental which, he said, was easy to find. I would stay there again. A little trouble sleeping because of the freeway noise outside. Maybe a room on the other side of hotel would be better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Toni W,
Thanks for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel amenities. I apologize that you experienced noise issues during your stay. Please let us know if you’ll be returning in the future and I’ll be sure to reserve you a room away from S. Cicero. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Midway Hampton Inn is a great place to stay especially when traveling through the Midway Chicago Airport. It is convenient and accessible to Chicago's loop. The immediate area has choice of restaurants and shopping. The staff was extremely helpful with directions during our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for your review! I’m glad our staff was able to help you and your family enjoy your stay here. They are very dedicated team who love serving our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have used this hotel several times as we travel (3-4 times a year). It is always a nice environment as a result of friendly and efficient personnel working at the desk and in the breakfast area. The location to good restaurants and the very timely shuttle service to Midway Airport and upon return is exceptional!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manger at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Welcome Back! Thanks for taking the time to share your expereince again! We love having repeat guests and happy to hear your stay was excellent. Hope your travel plans bring you back soon. We'd love to have you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Well kept secret. Very clean and well appointed but the real plus is the staff. They understand and model real customer service. Front desk staff got me a cup of milk on arrival at 10:30 PM so I could take medicine without stomach upset. The next morning the same young lady help navigate me through getting on their wifi through my computer security.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hello Rick,

Thank for staying with us! We always strive to go above any guests expectations. I hope your travel plans bring you back to the Hampton Inn Midway. As we would hope we can have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I can honestly say that it was a good staff. The way that they actually come to work happy, and the way they work is awesome. The nice lady that took care of the breakfast should have a helper, when you get 40 people at once it is too much to ask. More comfortable seating for the meal also wanted.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped rooms, they are not very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Maggie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi 565Rick1958,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I appreciate your comments about the staff and I will be sure to pass your comments along to them. I will also be sure to let my General Manager know about how our breakfast ladies could use some help. It’s reviews like this that allow us to improve our service, so thank you again for your comments. We hope we’ll be able to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The main factor that makes business travel tolerable would be good hotel staff. This Hampton Inn has first rate staff that greet you when you check in and every time they see you. It's been a while since I visited a hotel where everyone was friendly, courteous and wanted to help. The hotel in only minutes from Midway and surrounded by a cluster of other hotels. The rooms were clean and well kept. Breakfast was warm and done. Not a five star hotel, but the staff service put it tops on my return list.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi dexjor23,
Thank you so much for your comments! Our staff is top notch and the team is definitely a fantastic asset to the hotel. I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to them and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Chicago Marriott Midway
#111 of 191 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!