“Came to Belleville IL for a family reunion. Most of the...”

Super 8 Belleville St. Louis Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belleville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salem
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 days recently.I've stayed here numerous times over the last 25 years but NEVER AGAIN.Our air conditioner would not keep the room cool (the outside temperature was only in the 70's) Killed 2 spiders in the bathroom,the rooms look nothing like the pictures on the Super 8 website.The mattresses are very cheap as are the pillows.The second day we returned to our room the room keys wouldn't work,had to be reset.Opened the door and it had to be in the 80's in the room ( a.c. was left on high,coldest setting) I immediately went to the desk as asked for a different room.The young lady had to call the owner (not an American) to see what to do.I went outside for a minute and came back to the desk and could tell the owner was questioning my complaint. I asked the desk clerk for my money back for the second night while she was one the phone with the owner and they wouldn't give a refund.Was offered a smoking room with twin beds( Booked a non smoking king). Was told there was only 4 rooms left, no kings and no non smoking.Took one of the rooms and the desk clerk offered to turn on the a.c. like I was stupid.The air conditioner was no better in this room.When my wife checked out the next day the smart@@@ foreign owner said there was nothing wrong with the previous room.No apologizes,nothing.If you have no other choice but to stay at this Super 8,ask to see the room first and look long and hard.As LBlowers48 said,RUN!!!! and spend another 10-20 dollars and stay in Fairview Heights or O'fallon.This place has really gone downhill.Wyndham needs to take away the franchise from current management. Also, when I got the second room I looked on the Super 8 website and they DID have king rooms available,I don't appreciate being lied to!!!! I stay in hotels 30-40 nights a year and very rarely have any problems but trust me on this review and the other negative on this Super 8

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gwally57
Houston, TX
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went here with an open mind, as this is really the only hotel in Belleville that I would consider staying as I had an event in Belleville to attend. I absolutely didn't think I could stand two days in this place. The shower ceiling was all patched up, and the room just felt dirty. The hotel staff was nice enough, but the room was simply gross. Stay in Fairview or O'Fallon and pay the extra if necessary. Trust me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Super 8 O'Fallon
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Super 8 Waterloo
Super 8 Waterloo
#1 of 1 in Waterloo

Been to Super 8 Belleville St. Louis Area? Share your experiences!