“33rd Wedding Anniversary”

Fischer's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 161 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belleville
“33rd Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My wife and I went here to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary after work. Service was good. The special was Prime Rib for $19.95 and included a side and a salad. We both ordered the prime rib. BIGGEST prime rib I have ever seen. The steak was about 2 inches thick. Took them home and ate for a couple of days. Food was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 2919George_S

East St. Louis, Illinois
“Never Again”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My visit to Fischer's was in June 2013. It was a once in a lifetime occasion. I had made several telephone calls and visits prior to the event to make sure everything went off without a hitch. During the telephone calls and pre-celebration visits I received very courteous care and attention. Once I fully paid for the event things changed. When I called to remind them to make sure that a podium and microphone would be available (one of the 1st things I requested) I was told that the room that had been reserved was not wired for a microphone, but I was assured they would have a podium in the room.. The day of the event things were even worst. My daughter arrived a few minutes before I did and was told that someone was checking to make sure the room was available. Someone finally returned and said it was available and escorted us to it. It was a small room very far in the back of the restaurant. It had a musty, moldy, odor. After being hit with the odor, I noticed there was no podium. Twenty minutes later when a waitress came in I asked about it and she said she didn't know anything about it. (Nor did she try to inquire about it). During the meal two different waitress came out and was obviously counting the number of people in attendance. The food was the only good thing about the restaurant. As a matter of fact the food was so good they decided to keep, or most likely throw the food that was left over away without asking if anyone wanted more or offering to allow me to take what was left home. As a matter of fact after the waitresses plopped the tasteless pitchers of ice tea on the tables and did the head count, and removed the food while the party was still going on, they were never seen again. I had purchased my own cake, and guest wanted to take slices with them but there was no one to ask for a take home box. Management better keep the policy of adding tips in the price because otherwise these waitress would not have received a dime. Days after the event a guest called and told me they waited about 10 minutes while to be recognized by the lady at the front. She said Caucasians came in after them and were quickly recognized and received prompt courteous service., When the cashier was forced to recognize them, they were told that the room was in the back. No one escorted them or gave any further directions. Considering all the events that took place I am certain I will never go them again for any reason.

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank Disappointed114
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Well past its prime”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Fischers has been around forever, very big back in the day... But now it either needs a MAJOR overhaul or just to close. It hasn't been redecorated ( or looks like it hasn't been cleaned) since the late 1980's. it's dirty, run down, and pricey for what you get. Some things are still good ( fried chicken, prime rib) but there are soooo many better choices. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank ILgirl73
Belleville, Illinois
“Don't buy the hype.”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I don't know why natives to this area insist this is a great place to go. I think at one time it had a kind of panache, but Fisher's is nothing to crow about now. I've been here three or four times (at others' requests) and it's always a big disappointment. The food is mediocre at best and sometimes downright lousy. (My husband once got a roll as hard as a baseball.) The service is not great, the facilitites seem kind of dirty (stains on the furniture/walls are not hard to find) and the atmosphere is kind of lounge-lizardy. We once went there for a large dinner and the dessert was cupcakes from Sams! Save your money and your frustrations--go somewhere else.

3 Thank LeanneM894
Belleville, Illinois
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Food was hot and delicious, wait staff was exceedingly attentive, and dinner choices and prices were varied-from steak and lobster, to hamburgers and chicken. I love the very elegant atmosphere, with white tablecloths, and state-of-the art, spotless ladies' room. Excellent restaurant for special occasions, or just dinner out by yourself or with friends. We went for a very special occasion-granddaugher, Alexa D., was in The Nutcracker, but I also dine there on Fridays, after a hectic work week, with a book, and a Brandy Alexander. I have never been disappointed. Fischer's has been a welcome respite from the chain restaurants, like Applebee's, etc., where men don't even remove their caps.

Visited November 2012