“Lucky to have in Droylsden”
Review of El Sapo Perezoso

El Sapo Perezoso
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Droylsden
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a lovely belated Birthday meal with four friends on Friday evening 9th May .
My friends live in Bury and I recommended here as I have had some nice meals before and great takeaways.
They all thoroughly enjoyed it and along with the sangria the food was v tasty and good choices for my vegetarian friend.
we weren't rushed and had a really good night thank you.

1  Thank Debbie W

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have always found Tripadvisor reviews pretty accurate so I was surprised to have such a bad experience at this restaurant. Downmarket pubbish interior empty apart from us on a Saturday evening, service surly with repeated pressure to order more drinks but my main problem was the food, nothing like Spanish food in my experience.

Grilled chicken smothered in Thai sweet chilli sauce, baked eggs with spinach came with no spinach and no explanation why not and calamari were those heavily battered rubber bands the standard issue of your local freezer shop. Lucky for me I went to Spain three days later to eat good spanish food

2  Thank mandymcgee
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have previously submitted a review on this restaurant, some time ago, and my views of it have not changed - it really is so excellent that I felt it was probably time for an up-to-date review. I visit this restaurant probably once every six weeks, mainly with friends or family who are also vegetarian which does make life easier when you are having tapas. There is a great selection of vegetarian dishes, but they make up quite a small proportion of the menu so lots of choice available for non-vegetarians. Also very moreish red wine!

The restaurant has a quite rustic appearance so you can feel equally comfortable whether casually or smartly dressed. The owners are extremely friendly, the food and service cannot be faulted. As noted on another recent review, we are never rushed even though we are usually the last left in the restaurant. Also very reasonably priced

Just to prove that I am not the eternal optimist, if I had find a criticism, it might be the Spanish Omelette, which is not up to the standard of some restaurants in Spain. However, it is still good, and probably the best I have tasted in England.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I went with my girlfriend for a Valentine's meal. The food was really good; we had approx 8 tapas and they were all excellent. The service was also lovely and very friendly. Definitely recommended and I will be going again.

2  Thank chris b
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went last weekend with my partner and another couple. We have already been here in the past and yet again we weren't disappointed. Lovely food, lovely atmosphere. Service was really good and although we ended up being the last ones in the restaurant we weren't rushed in the slightest. Would highly recommend this restaurant for great food at great value.

1  Thank MilesFamily67