“Family pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been here many times for coffee and food service spot on food spot on for a pub x it is what it is a family pub or even a couples pub portions good price is good x

ApplewoodFarm2011, Manager at Applewood Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Robert E for you review from a recent visit with us.

I do hope we see you again soon

Applewood Farm

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There was about 20 of us sat down to a meal, almost on the same table and near enough to chat to each other, despite that we were all served roughly the same time. Everyone had a great time, food was good, staff were so helpful, altogether a lovely afternoon. I was unsure as to how we would be served as there was so many of us all varying ages but there really was no need everything went very smooth, thank you Applewood Farm staff.

Hi Rdolly2017

Thank you for leaving a lovely review about your recent visit with us. I am so pleased to read that everyone in your party had a good time, I will ensure that the team are all aware of your lovely comments

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Once again we had a really good carvery meal here, great selection of veg. The beef was slightly over done for me but I do like it very pink.
The only thing that could be an improvement would be to put custard on the desert menu

Hi PhilmcfcJones

Thank you for your review about your recent visit with us.

We do have custard available on the dessert menu, it is available with all our homemade hot desserts, inparticular goes very nicely with our homemade sticky toffee pudding!

I do hope we soon you again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoy our visits to Applewood Farm, the staff are always friendly and helpful. Food was amazing as always, I had the special Chicken in a basket, brilliant. Service from Sam manager was first class, nothing was too much trouble, had to take our cake away as we were all too full, The cakes are stunning and the ice cream is gorgeous well worth a visit.

ApplewoodFarm2011, Manager at Applewood Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your lovely feedback, I will certainly pass on your comments to Sam, she will be thrilled to hear them.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes, Applewood Farm

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came to apple wood farm for my son in laws 30th birthday, on arrival the restaurant was only half full we were seated in the kids area where people were allowed to use vaping devices around the children, we ordered food then had to wait almost an hour, at no time did any member of staff inquire with us about our length of wait, eventually we enquired to a member of staff about our food, we were told it was just being plated up, fifteen minutes later it still hadn't arrived after another complaint and afrer asking for a refund some of the food turned up, after a visit to the carvery by myself I was told the turkey had been withdrawn and the choices were beef beef or beef this was after a further twenty minuit wait all we were offered was one measly cake on the house at this point I asked for a refund on the carvery and left as soo as we could the whole experience was horrendous.

Hi Mr Atherton,

I am saddened to read about your last visit with us and to hear that you left our restaurant unhappy.

We have a policy against using E-Cigarettes inside the premises, all team do follow this policy and I believe if a customer was seen smoking one inside by one of our team they would be asked to go outside to use it.

Your feedback about your wait on meals will certainly be discussed between management and the back of house team as I would not expect such a large wait on food.

The team had quite a busy afternoon that day which led to us using more meat on the carvery then expected as we cook from what we forecast the number of carvery sold to be. I can only apologise that on this occasion we did not have any other meats cooked to temp to serve.

I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and I would like to reassure you that your review will be being discussed between management and the rest of the team.

We hope you give us another go in the future so that we can show you that this is not our usual standard.

Best wishes, Applewood Farm